Roof AC cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolsout2

Is there any cleaning that should be done on my air conditioners.  I plan to take the covers off and clean them off but wonder if there is more I should do.

I read an article that stated the Mach air can not be recharged.  Is this correct?

That's correct. RV roof AC units have no service ports like other types of AC units have, so there's no way to put refrigerant in them. Fortunately, the vast majority of them run for years without leaking down, so it's usually not an issue.

I would recommend removing the covers and carefully cleaning them once a year, which is how often (at a minimum) the roof should be checked for other things (the condition of sealants etc.) Be careful when cleaning between the fins, because they're easily damaged if too much force is used. Some use compressed air to blow out the dirt and grime, but I use low pressure water from a hose and it works fine. I squirt from the inside to force the crud out, to keep it away from the interior workings of the AC unit.

Kev

Ok Two different sets of instructions..
Coleman A/Cs by AirExcl SUCK, that is draw air IN over the condenser coils  So you remove the outer cover (4 bolts) and clean whatever you can seem This includes the OUTSIDE of the Evaporator (That was easy wasn't it)

Most other makes Blow. that is send air OUT through the condenser coils...  Start by removing the outer cover (Many screws) and then remove the INNER cover over the condenser..  And clean the inside side of the condenser.. Also clean the fan and anything else

Generally the Evaporator coils (Cold) do not need to be cleaned but if they do remoe the ceiliing grill and look. IF they need cleaning you can remove the inner cover over them as well, Else don't bother,

FIlters (Inside) Should be cleaned often,

Back
Top Bottom