Had NO Walk Through and need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WitsEnd

Purchased a class C Coachmen.  Love it.  I haven't taken it on a trip yet as I have only had it for a couple of days.  The walk-through was not really a walk through.  Yes - we walked through and talked about everything on this bad boy, but when it comes time to actually DO these things.....Well.  I can put out the slides, hook up the water, turn on the generator (in my driveway).  I am sure that I can hook up electrical and sewer at a campground.  So My questions is this....How do I get power to the TV or the Microwave.  I have used the coach batteries to move the slides and awning, etc. But I have no power to the coach.  I know that I am missing something. There has got to be a switch somewhere......

Patience
Maumelle, Arkansas
2015 Coachmen Lephrechaun

The tv and microwave only work on 120v power. That means shore or genset, unless the coach is equipped with an inverter to supply them when no external power is available.

Look for a main entrance panel in your RV and see if all the 120 Volt AC breakers are on.
Some electrical setups, the power cord has to be manually moved from two different arrangements. One of them is when your getting power from a pedestal called shore power and the other is for when you'll be getting power from the generator. If that's your setup, you may need to just swap the plug around from generator to shore power.  Have you tried getting power from your generator?

Bingo.  I don't know which switch is for the 120 volt breaker in the main entrance. There is a switch for the interior lights, a switch of the exterior lights and a switch that doesn't appear to do anything.  They are not labeled.

Patience

What model of Leprechaun? The television and microwave need 120 volts ac as stated above. You either have to be plugged into shore power or running your generator. There is a receptacle in the area where the electric cord is stored. You have to plug your shore power cord into that receptacle to get power from your generator to the power panel of your motorhome. Any time you disconnect from shore power, make it a habit to plug into that receptacle. This will ensure you're ready if you need to run your generator.

I have a Leprechaun 317A and not sure of the receptacle that you are talking about.  Makes sense but not sure where it is...... I have to go look.

The Coachmen owners manuals are next to worthless. Fortunately, kdbgoat has a similar unit and he will probably be the most useful source of information.

WitsEnd said:
I have a Leprechaun 317A and not sure of the receptacle that you are talking about.  Makes sense but not sure where it is...... I have to go look.

Open the black door where you store the shore power cord. There should be a metal box with the receptacle installed in it. The box is about 4"x4"x2".

I don't know which switch is for the 120 volt breaker in the main entrance.

It will be the only 30 amp  breaker in the box on a 30 amp machine!! Any others will be 15-20 amp only.

The switches by the entry door are all 12 volt switches. The unlabeled switch may turn on a light in the rear storage area, or lights on the front cap. Your actual 120 volt breaker panel and breakers are below the pantry in the hallway I believe. The 120 volt ac to 12 volt dc converter is built into that panel.

kdbgoat- Thank you...... I looked at everything you described and it was spot on!  Thank you so much.  all the switches in the doorway are unlabeled but the one that I don't know what it is could be the light in the back.  I will check that out tomorrow.  again thank you!

Patience

You're entirely welcome. An RV is a lot more enjoyable when one understands how to work everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom