Draining Fresh water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swove

Hello, I went to drain my fresh water tank in my 2013 Fleetwood Bounder and I followed instructions in the manual and on the bin door, however when done my fresh water tank still showed 1/3 full which is how full it was when I started. The only valves I could find to drain were two hot and cold valves on both sides of the motorhome there was no valve under the rig to open and drain. I was able to drain the hot water tank but I am wondering if I am missing something concerning the fresh water tank. If anyone has any thoughts on what I could do to get the tank drained I would appreciate it, I live in Arizona and do not have a concern on any freezing temps but would like to drain the water out while it sits over the winter.  Thanks in advance

Those gauges are notoriously in accurate! Is there a way of visually seeing the tank? I would put money on that it's empty if you opened up the drain valves. Also do you have an outside shower. That would also act as a low point drain

There is an outside shower I drained those as well, I could not find the tank I hope that it is drained not that much came out when I drained it but if it was already low that would be why. I wish there was a way to verify without having to take it in. Thanks for the response I did not consider the gauge being inaccurate    8)

I would close the drains, then turn on the pump and open a cold water faucet to see if anything comes out.

Another thing to try is disconnect the hoses to and from the water pump.

If there is water in the tank it will drain out of one or both hoses.

If your in AZ why do you feel it's needed to empty the tanks?
I have to believe that YOUR Winter is not as long as most that live way North of you.

If you use the hot & cold low point drains to empty the fresh tank, you need to run the water pump to get the water out of the tank to the open low point drains. Gravity flow alone won't do it and often will not drain any water from the tank at all.

Thanks for all the responses. Red and silver I just don?t want the water to sit over the winter in the tank you are right our winters are quite mild compared to other parts of the states and not as long maybe one or two days of freeze :eek: Wildebill yes it shows it in the manual but does not match my RV as the drain valves are not where they show in the manual. Gary I did not think of that I will give it a try just might work  :)

Again thanks everyone for the suggestions

Both of my RV's have had a separate drain/valve for the fresh water tank itself.  Where is your fresh water tank actually located?  From there you can follow the piping going to/from the tank and look for a valve you haven't operated yet.  ;)

My fresh water drain turned out to be a valve I thought was just a shut-off valve between the tank and pump.

I didn't realize just by looking at it that it had another leg going down through the floor.

That?s just it I cannot find the tank had a friend check as well he could not find it. I went out again today and looked under both sides and still do not see it. I am going to call Fleetwood customer service with my vin number and see if they can tell me where it is. Also will try to turn the pump on open the valves and see if that will bring the water out

Would also disconnect hoses on both sides of the water pump to drain water from the pump.  Would run the pump for about 10 seconds or until it stops spitting water.  Don't forget to pull your water filter and empty that too.

Just to let you all know I called Fleetwood customer service and after two times calling they emailed me the blue prints of where the tank was. He said I would have to remove a plate to get to the drain valve. It was located under the galley on the passenger side, and when I went under I found it behind an I-beam and did not have to remove anything. The valve is very tight but I will drain it this weekend, glad to have found it. FYI manual was completely wrong that was frustrating thanks again to everyone for the suggestions and ideas  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom