Highway 10 between Baton Rouge and Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guykarenf

We've been told that this stretch of highway 10 is terrible....bumpy....can we get some feedback please?

I remember in past years it was terrible but we drove I-10 to I-12  back to I-10 last year heading to Florida and I don't remember it being any worse than other areas.

guykarenf said:
We've been told that this stretch of highway 10 is terrible....bumpy....can we get some feedback please?
Some areas are rough and some are ok. Slow down on the bad areas.
I hate to tell you but nearly every main hi way in the US is the same way. Some they are working on and people complain about the construction. Some places they put up signs sayin "Rough road" ???
Bill

The biggest issue with this section of I-10 is high traffic density, also when going through Lake Charles take the I-210 bypass it adds about 5 miles to your trip, but lets you avoid the I-10 bridge over the Calcasieu river which is one of the steepest bridges anywhere on the interstate highway system, it also has no shoulders, as its construction predates the interstate highway system opening in 1952.

Isaac-1 said:
The biggest issue with this section of I-10 is high traffic density, also when going through Lake Charles take the I-210 bypass it adds about 5 miles to your trip, but lets you avoid the I-10 bridge over the Calcasieu river which is one of the steepest bridges anywhere on the interstate highway system, it also has no shoulders, as its construction predates the interstate highway system opening in 1952.

Take this advice - don't ask me how I know.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom