Diesel Pusher System Monitor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZagRacing

Hi Folks,
Stumbled on one of these on Camping Worlds website.
I guess it plugs into the OBDII port and allows monitoring of all the rigs engine systems
ScanGauge Diesel

By itself it is a pretty cool thing to have going but I had had previous thoughts of setting up an ipad on the dash and using it for all manner of things.
Has anyone found a decent OBDII, bluetooth module out there specifically for our diesel pushers whereby I can set up my own layout for monitoring my systems that way? The benefit of course is having the larger display but also a centralized system where I can switch between various functions like maps and so on.

Thanks
Bernie

Our Silverleaf VMSAir does what you're talking about, however, many diesel pushers (like ours) are built on large truck frames, and they don't have OBD2 ports. They have a different type of diagnostic port, so make sure you get the right system for your RV. I use a 7" Samsung tablet to display everything. If you were going to use an iPad, I'd recommend that you first verify that it's compatible.

All the data is sent to my tablet via bluetooth, and the VMSAir allows me to arrange the display so I can view the parameters in the order I like. The information is displayed numerically and is color-coded for quick reference. That's VERY handy when you're busy driving, and you just want to glance at the display for a second to verify that everything's "in the green."

Kev

Thanks folks - that's brilliant!

I have no problem purchasing a Windows based tablet to perform the functions it is just that I already own an ipad - no big deal.
Looks the business and I love the customization examples that are shown too.

Will review and quite possibly purchase :)

We've had a Silverleaf in a couple of motorhomes and love it.  It does all that stuff.  Our current motorhome doesn't show the transmission gear you're in which drove us crazy.  We always have the Silverleaf set to show the gear (in large numbers) along with coolant temperature, etc.  Variables can be chosen to personalize the main screen to your needs.  The small box sits up on the left side of the dashboard (held in place with Velcro) and doesn't take up as much room as a tablet.  It also doesn't interfere with using the mirror.

ArdraF

I have a Silverleaf VMSpc I installed about 6 months ago. I like it but it has caused some issues with the engine monitoring computer. I have on several occasions got a transmission idiot light. After this happened a couple of times with no issues with the tranny I have ignored it. Usually only happens at start up and doesn't go away until I disconnect the silverleaf plug.

On one occasion I noticed shortly after we left the CG the cruise control and horn wouldn't work. Disconnected the silverleaf plug and all was well. I've also never got the mileage portion of the display to correctly display the miles driven today. It always reads 0 so the fuel usage for this day never displays. However the accumulated mileage displays correctly and the miles left in the fuel tank displays correctly. I've called Silverleaf but haven't got a fix yet.

Has anyone with a Silverleaf VMSpc gotten a split screen with a moving map on one side and VMSpc data on the other?

There are several views of split screen at: http://silverleafelectronics.com/?q=node/5676

All you need to do to get a split screen display, is to reshape the windows for both programs (Silverleaf and whatever mapping program you use) to fit the screen the way you want it. Easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom