King Dome 9760-LP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurt2s

Hi I am new to the form I own a 2006 Allegro 42 QDP it has a 2006 King Dome 9760-LP. I have a Dish VIP 211Z satellite receiver I can not get it to lock onto satellite 119 the none HD satellite for Dish Network I show a signal of 52% and I can receive about 1/2 of my programming package King Dome techs state that this 9760-LP is not compatible with Dish satellites and programming. That it was Dish networks reprogramming there satellites. Dish Network denies this.

Confused need help from someone not interested in selling new stuff.

Kurt2s

The KingDome techs are correct. Dish made a change to their satellites and the system you have no longer works. And KingDome has decided to sell you a new dish rather than provide a fix for the old domes. We replaced ours with a Winegard and could not be happier. Ours stopped working for DirecTV also. Some have had success with the KingDome by turning on the receiver and going to the sat signal strength menu and using the signal bar. Turn on the KingDome, set it for the 101 sat, let it search and when it shows a decent signal from the receiver on the 101, shut it down. You will then have satellite in SD. Chuck

Kurt,  I had the same situation.  King dome is able to send you new circuit boards that you will have to install and send one of the old ones back.  One is $400 and the other you have to give them a $200 deposit that you get back when you return the old one.  I went with the Dish Tailgater for about $300.  I unplugged all the cables from the King Dome, unbolted it from the roof and tossed it in the dumpster.  I cut all the big plug ends off the cables and pulled them back inside, disconnected then all inside and tossed them.  I ran new coax to the tailgater (mounted in the same spot as the old dome) and filled and covered everything with self leveling dicor.  I also have the VIP 211z.  The roof mount for the tailgater is sold separately.  You have the option if you park somewhere that is obstructed you can take the Tailgater out of the roof mount and put it somewhere that isn't, provided that you have long enough coax.

Back
Top Bottom