Does anyone store their camper at a campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

We are moving soon and will be looking for a place to store our TT.  Was wondering if there are any benefits to storing it at a campground rather than a storage facility ?  Thoughts anyone?  Thanks.

I have stored at the one near my house but it was mostly convenience, there are some that will valet your TT or fifth wheel if you call them.

My RV park has a storage lot that usually has a dozen or so stored there in the summer and a few in winter. It is in a fenced in area and the park has a gate that requires a gate code to get through so it seems pretty safe to me. The park has a huge amount of snowbirds who leave their RV on their lot all summer. They offer reduced rates for year round occupancy for snowbirds who only live in the park 6 months out of the year. I think many other parks offer the same thing. I keep an eye on my neighbors rigs in summer since they are all good friends and I am here all year round. Seems pretty safe to me. I would think parking here would be better than a storage garage. They are hooked up to electricity so a security camera could be remotely viewed with a cell phone app.

We are going to be storing our 5W at an Escapees Park that has a storage area for 2-3 months while we are are out of the country. It?s inexpensive and a membership park so we feel it will be much safer there than in a storage facility.

Vicki

I've visited many RV parks that have storage.

It seems super safe because the park itself is busy as opposed to a storage only facility that doesn't have live-in folks coming and going.

The RV park owners want your rig safe, no one wants a rep as a den of thieves.

Back
Top Bottom