High exhaust fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grashley

I have exhaust fans above the kitchen and in the bathroom.  The bath fan is powered by a wall switch, but has a manual handle to open and close the lid.  It is too high to reach without a ladder or something.  What do you use for the "or something" to open and close these vents?

I have not played with the kitchen vent enough to even ask questions yet, but it is rain sensing.

When we had a similar situation, we replaced the vent with a MaxxAire model with remote control. Much nicer, and the vent actually gets used now. Before it was too high for me to reach. It is well worth the cost.

If it has a knob and not a crank handle, you can notch a 3 or 4 foot piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe to open it.

Well at over six feet tall. I use my arms.. But they make a special "hook" for those high mounted cranks.. I've seen it but do not have one and do not know how hard they are to use.

THere are a few things I could design easily enough.. But I've not had any motive.

I can reach mine, but if I couldnt, I would just use a step stool. They make fold away ones for easy storage

I couldn't live in my RV without this folding stool.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Step-Stool-Lightweight-Bathroom/dp/B014WOXB6O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1512041000&sr=8-4&keywords=folding+stool

It actually stays open and ready to use in corner of galley. I need it to reach most of my cabinets and to clean the ceiling and upper walls. Matter of fact, I have to take it outside to check the engine oil.

When I had a fantastic vent put in my bedroom, I splurged for remote control that opens and closes it for me. I love to air out the RV often, so having this is quite lovely.

Attachments

• folding-stool.jpg
    folding-stool.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
I have one in the bathroom and I can reach it just fine. I leave it closed all the time. I have come home to a wet bathroom floor when it rained while I was away. :-\

NY_Dutch said:
That's what they make vent covers for, Tom... ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40421-Aero-Flo-Cover-White/dp/B0006JLU22/
I had those on my last RV and I hated them. They do not keep 100% of the water out.

I've had them on every RV I've owned, or at least some type of vent cover. I've never had water come in. But i also don't leave them open if it's blowing a gale while raining either.

kdbgoat said:
If it has a knob and not a crank handle, you can notch a 3 or 4 foot piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe to open it.
I think I'll go this route.  DW needs over 3 ft of pole or ladder to reach the galley fan.  AND I have some 1 ? in PVC.  I like that price!

grashley said:
I think I'll go this route.  DW needs over 3 ft of pole or ladder to reach the galley fan.  AND I have some 1 ? in PVC.  I like that price!

Gordon,
My galley also as a high fan but I've got a remote (which I don't use) and a control box on the wall to open/close the vent cover and also start the variable speed fan. Check and see if you have a control box someplace in the galley.  Mine is a Fan-Tastick Vent

grashley said:

All you do is make the end of the PVC pipe look like a rook from a chess set.

Amazon has a similar product to the one at all outdoors.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSN4LC/
Depending on how many you want Amazon may be cheaper, especially if you have Prime.
Tom

kdbgoat said:
All you do is make the end of the PVC pipe look like a rook from a chess set.

Great, now I have to learn how to play chess to find out what you mean.  :eek: ::) :-\ ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom