Emergency Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darter1585

My last two motor homes have had an emergency start button connecting the chassis battery with the coach battery.  My recently acquired Thor Siesta Sprinter does not appear to have one.  Is this accurate or have I just not found it yet?

Not all motorhomes have the emergency start button. You could probably wire one in yourself or pay someone to do it. Or carry jumper cables.

Its nice to have the switch - that was how most of the Dealers started them when we were looking.

This Emergency Start switch is something that I haven't heard about in my last week or so's immersion into motorhome details (and just buying ours last week) -- but I do know that we have an Emergency Start toggle switch right above the driver's head above the cab door frame. I assume this is to switch house battery power over to the engine to assist with, well, an "emergency start" when the chassis battery is dead -- correct?

The emergency start button usually parallels the house battery (which is suppose to have power) with the engine battery (which is usually dead at this point). To use it you must hold the switch in the on position for about a minute and then attempt to start the engine.

SeanAndKaty said:
I assume this is to switch house battery power over to the engine to assist with, well, an "emergency start" when the chassis battery is dead -- correct?

First. "Assuming" is a dangerous act. but there is a way to make it safer. If anyone wishe to know  what the way is.. See the quoted text.

Second. Yes. Exactly.. Suggest you hold the switch for no more than 30 seconds (then 30 off) but you got it exactly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom