Should i use tow/haul mode with Edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevensc

I recently added an Edge programmer on my Duramax.  In the beginning I had hard shifts while towing, (In tow/haul mode on Edge) until I remembered to put truck trans in it's tow/haul mode.  Worked great for a while then when trailering the TT over Thanksgiving I noticed unusually high RPM's (and higher than normal EGT's).  Turned off truck's tow/haul mode and back to smooth sailing.  Wondering if there is a set rule about rather or not to use trucks t/h mode with the Edge?

What is the intent of the Edge Programmer? Seems, based on the website, to keep EGT temps low. But, is that really a problem? I just towed a, roughly, 7000 lb trailer all over the US and back using my 2016 GMC Duramax and it performed flawlessly using the truck's tow/haul mode.
What is the Edge programmer getting you that the stock setup can't? Please note that I'm new to the diesel world, so I'm asking out of curiosity.

I put it on for additional pulling power and fuel economy which it has helped with quite a bit.  Main test was going up the "Saluda Grade" in the NC mountains.  A four mile continuous uphill grade (can't remember the % but fairly steep).  Before I would drop down to about 45 mph if  someone would block me and then would not be able to accelerate above 45.  Now, if blocked and down to 45 I can easily accel to whatever speed I want.  Also have gone from an average of about 9 mpg to 10 mpg.  Not a huge deal but over 10%.  I should add that I went to a 4" exhaust at the same time so I am sure that helped out also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom