Generator Not Transferring Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weezshille

Hoping for a simple fix instead of expensive repair ... 2007 Class C Fleetwood Tioga, Onan generator. When plugged into shore power, everything works. When the generator is on, I get no power to A/C, microwave, fridge, etc. The power cord is plugged into the generator plug, and the generator fires up and works fine. I'm just not getting any transfer of electricity from the generator to the appliances. Any ideas?

Have you checked the breaker (s) on the generator? Just turn off the breaker (s) and then turn back on.

I haven't tried that, but I will. I thought the generator wouldn't start if it was tripped, but it starts fine. Would turning the breaker off and back on before starting the generator reset something? I only know of one breaker switch, and it's in the generator compartment. Might there be another one somewhere?

The generator will definitely start and run with the breaker turned off or tripped. Cycling the breaker is always a good place to start troubleshooting.

Thank you very much! Hoping it works. Any other thoughts from this great forum would be greatly appreciated. Y'all are the best!

I have a 2008 Tioga. Last week, my generator was also not transferring power.  It would also start easily, but no power. The breaker had tripped.  As you face the generator, it is located to the right of the carburetor, and slightly below, and toward the side of the generator.  You have to flip it forward.

Sounds like an older ONAN.. ONAN's of today (I do not know about yours) are very good at self monitoring. IF it keeps running, odds are good it is making electricity. The breakers on the generator are thus the main suspect(s).

Back
Top Bottom