campground membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rails42

Has anyone joined Thousand Trails Zone Camping Pass  and then added the Trails Collection to it.We want to go to FL in the winter and was wondering if this would work for us
Thank You

We purchased 3 zone passes so we could travel across the country for about 4 months, and recently upgraded to an elite membership. We purchased it through campgroundmembershipoutlet.com. It was $3400 total, $545 annual dues, gives us 3 weeks in at a time, and we can go park to park. It works perfectly for us. We highly recommend using them - Kimberly was the person in charge and she was fantastic.

I looked into it and couldn't make it work for my lifestyle and budget.

I went to stay in one near Orlando and they gave me a real crummy site in a run down area of sloping heavily rutted  lots with mud and clumps of overgrown weeds for landscaping.

It seems to me if they wanted to sell me a membership, they should have tried to put me in a nicer area of the park. I was rendezvousing with friends who had a membership and they charged both our credit cards for my lot. Had to contact the office four times to get this straightened out.

Even my membership friends were upset they were put in a crummy area too.

I belong to TT but I have the older National Membership.. If you think you might like Membership camping then the Zone Pass is a good way to try it out.. YOu may wish to "upgrade" or change to a different chain later but the good, and far as I knwo unique, thing about the Zone pass is that you can discontinue it after a year if you do not like it.

So I'd say try it and see.

The zone pass for $500 is prob a good start to see if you like TT. The parks may not be to your liking, nor the reservation system. Then if it works for you go get a used full membership for the whole US. We've been members for at least 10 years, stay primarily in Calif at our favorite TT parks for 2 weeks at a time but we can go to another one the same day for another 2 weeks if we want. Other memberships may vary depending on orig cost. I like the idea of pulling in and picking our own site, no specific site reservations. That way if we find another thats quieter or bigger we just pack up and move. Some others like to check in and have a specific site, like most commercial parks do. My dues yearly are about the same as a single zone membership cost but we have a few other benefits, the whole country, longer advance res's, etc. As others have said, you have to use it enough to make it pay. We never use the 50 free nights I'm entitled to but it's still a bargain for me.

We never use the 50 free nights I'm entitled to but it's still a bargain for me.
There are no free nights. Your membership and yearly dues paid for those 50 nights. A zone pass for $500 with 30 nights free is actually $18 a night. If you're happy with the campground then it's a good deal, because those 30 nights will probably cost you at least double somewhere else. Considering what you might pay at other campgrounds you might break even staying only 15 nights.

rails42 said:
Has anyone joined Thousand Trails Zone Camping Pass  and then added the Trails Collection to it.We want to go to FL in the winter and was wondering if this would work for us

Do you want to be able to move around on a whim and stay wherever you want?  (which is sometimes the fun of RV'ing)  Or do you want to stay in one park, or limited number of parks anyway, while you're snowbirding?  (which can also be an attractive option)

Answering those questions will determine whether a particular campground membership may work for you.

There's a member that used to be active here that stayed in TT pretty much exclusively, and had no complaints. She's on the west coast. Haven't heard from her for a while, and hope she's doing well.

Back
Top Bottom