1996 Holiday Rambler Imperial 36' 5th Wheel 2 Slides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

Anyone had any experience with this or other Holiday Rambler 5th Wheels?

Going to look at one for sale that seems to have a lot of nice options.

~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE... scroll down for "the rest of the story"  it was a 1992...

From what I have seen of the older Holiday Ramblers, they were built pretty good. I know two guys local here that have RV repair shops, and both use older Holiday Ramblers if that says anything. No matter what the brand name though, condition is everything. From what I've seen in your posts, you can really spruce things up cosmetically, so I don't think you're overly concerned about cosmetics. Just make sure everything is structurally sound, like floors, roof, etc. You know the drill by now I'm sure. Don't forget to look through the check lists in the library, and modify them as it suits you for the walk-through and inspection. It's easy to overlook things, and a check list will help remind you.

Well I went to see it and they had made a mistake, it was a 1992. It was grown kids selling dad's rig. Had all the paperwork for it including original brochures.

However it was top of the line with custom cabinetry that is solid wood and quite beautiful with extra touches like a built in knife drawer, a built in stow away chopping board that no one has used and adjustable adequate shelving. Loads of drawers. A nice parsons table builtin behind the oversized couch. It does not make a bed but it was creamy leather or pleather with recliners on both ends. The recliners flatten out for sleeping and it was oh so comfy. Very pricey sofa for sure, not the usual RV couch.

Table and chairs, not booth. It appears 2 of the original chairs are missing from living room, but I have room to put in rocking chair and coffee table.

Builtin skinny dishwasher, washer and dryer behind double doors. Corian countertops that were immaculate. No shortage of electrical outlets. Lots of tasteful lighting on ceiling, under cabinets and on walls, some of it adjustable.

Super nice bathroom with a window in the separate water closet. Three or four fantastic fans or similar. AC and heat is ducted. Nice thick pocket doors to close off bathroom and bedroom. Big lush vanity with makeup lighting. Spacers in the hanging closets.

Big opening windows with awnings over all. Huge awning, no one measured but much bigger than my 15 foot, so it may be 20 feet or whatever the max is. Even had a working doorbell that is low enough you can ring it without going up the steps.

Zero evidence of any past leaks. Fireplace throws out heat and they claim it was working as of last week, but it would not come on. Two big propane tanks, no idea how I will man handle those to get filled, will have to work on plan B.

Supposed to be 10 gallon hot water, electric only, propane is shot.

Shower had a small oval tub and large seat. Don't think it's big enough for adult  serious soaking, but certainly able to sit down and soak feet or soak rear end.

Needs a little cosmetic work here and there, some new carpet in the living area. Kitchen had what appeared to be  real parquet flooring that was stunning. Faucets were high end.

I fell in love.

I bought it.

Congratulations!!!

As far as the propane, will the park allow you to use a large tank that can be serviced by a local propane company?

On second thought though....without pics, this didn't happen!!!! ;D

Congratulations!  Before I got to the end of the post, I knew you had fallen in love.  I'm sure you have done your due diligence inspecting the RV.  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Well congrats Cynthia. As a proud new 5er owner I am positive you will really enjoy your new digs. Are you going to sell the C or turn it into a planter?  ;D

Congratulations. As you know from your years of boating, you know when you've found the right one for you.

Right or wrong, I bought it.

The short version... (I can tell you longer version later!)

Ad appeared on Wed, I bought it Thursday morning. I wasn't expecting to be pushed into making such a snappy decision but the seller had an overwhelming response to their ad, it was about to turn into a 3 ring circus of bidding wars.

I was trying to put my brain into overload adding up cost of rig, moving it, making some repairs and so on to figure out my final total to see how the bang for the buck worked out in my tiny brain... plus chase off the other buyers!

It's a done deal now, so I have move on to the next stage.

I need help!

Maybe I should start a new post? HELP! HELP! HELP!

I've never owned a 5th wheel or anything with slides. Normally the former owner would do a walk through and help out, but he is incapacitated so I am kind of left on my own to sort this out.

I am in Bushnell, FL, rig is in Land O'Lakes, 50 miles away. I need to get the rig safely packed up and moved to Bushnell.

Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Feel free to send me a PM.

And THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

DearMissMermaid said:
Right or wrong, I bought it.

The short version... (I can tell you longer version later!)

Ad appeared on Wed, I bought it Thursday morning. I wasn't expecting to be pushed into making such a snappy decision but the seller had an overwhelming response to their ad, it was about to turn into a 3 ring circus of bidding wars.

I was trying to put my brain into overload adding up cost of rig, moving it, making some repairs and so on to figure out my final total to see how the bang for the buck worked out in my tiny brain... plus chase off the other buyers!

It's a done deal now, so I have move on to the next stage.

I need help!

Maybe I should start a new post? HELP! HELP! HELP!

I've never owned a 5th wheel or anything with slides. Normally the former owner would do a walk through and help out, but he is incapacitated so I am kind of left on my own to sort this out.

I am in Bushnell, FL, rig is in Land O'Lakes, 50 miles away. I need to get the rig safely packed up and moved to Bushnell.

Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Feel free to send me a PM.

And THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Well Bushnell is 75 miles away from me so if you really need help let me know, I will drive over and help you out. I bought mine off Craigslist and I found a service on Craigslist to tow the 5er about 50 miles. He charged me $250 and did a very professional job. There are a few services listed on the Tampa Craigslist:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/search/lbs?query=fifth+wheel+moving

Short of an offer from here or other friends, hire a pro to move it for you.  They will do the hook up, and should do some prep work as well.

As for the slides, being an experienced one week (almost) owner,  1.  Make sure the area where the slide will go is completely clear of any obstruction.  2.  Push the retract button.  To open, push extend button.  When and where possible, check for drawers or doors that may have opened during transit.  Likewise for furniture shifts.

Special note:  Good 12V power required.  While off shore power with a low battery, slides did not move.

When you get to the spot you will use, measure carefully so that any open slides will avoid overhanging the edge of your slab (ie over the grass) as someone will probably have to mow around it.

Back
Top Bottom