Air brakes new shoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louie

I'm have trouble locating new brake shoes for my 1996 Monaco windsor 34 ft. with rockwell rear axle. The truck repair center I took it to seems dumbfounded finding parts also? Where should I look? The reason for replacement is leaking axle seal has gear lube soaked shoes.

Well, Rockwell is a well known brand but 1996 was a long time ago and maybe the parts are obsolete. On the other hand, there are still lots of old truck & coach chassis in use and usually there is some parts source for them.  Your shop may have simply called their usual distributor and not looked much further. Plus, if they just asked by coach brand & year, they aren't likley to get much response because RVs are often not in the parts catalogs. Rockwell axle model number would get them closer, but knowing the actual shoe size dimensions is the best way to find them.  And maybe the part number & brand of whatever is not on there, so they could be cross-referenced to another brand.

Lots of places to hunt, even Ebay.  Brakewarehouse.com has a selection too.

I think Rockwell is part of Meritor these days, so maybe a Meritor brand shoe is available.

Back
Top Bottom