WATER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've found through trial and error that having a full or at least 3/4 full tank of water actually makes may rig handle a little better...but I tend to pay attention to every little noise and movement as it pertains to the rig as well as my other vehicles. I don't like strange movement or unusual noises when I drive anything, my dad taught me that through 40+ years as a truck driver...always know your rig and what it's supposed to sound/feel like when you're driving.

Yeah...I drove an ambulance for many years and was always super cautious with noises my truck made as well as what it felt like as pertaining to handling. I was taught to drive and corner as if my "family heirloom grandfather clock were being transported and could not tipped over"...LOL! My rig handles exactly like our ambulances did so I am very comfortable driving it. I will definitely start driving with some water in the tank though...thanks for the suggestion.

HitNtheroad said:
Yeah...I drove an ambulance for many years and was always super cautious with noises my truck made as well as what it felt like as pertaining to handling. I was taught to drive and corner as if my "family heirloom grandfather clock were being transported and could not tipped over"...LOL! My rig handles exactly like our ambulances did so I am very comfortable driving it. I will definitely start driving with some water in the tank though...thanks for the suggestion.
I don't think you will be able to tell any change. It will give you the flexability of having water when you need it. I know some people claim they never had a problem but I might just be lucky. Had a campground loose power and coulden't pump water and the outher big thing(free tip of the day) you have water that is drinkable. I have made the practis to flush out the line when I hook up the hose before conecting to the coach. I allso taste the water if it is to bad and we are just overnighting I will just run off my onboard tank.
Have fun and Merrey Christmas.
Bill

I have a filter pitcher that I drink water from. Travels well but again this will be my first longer trip. Really looking forward to this week on the road. Hopefully the weather will play nice?

Heading out to NJ to pick up my kiddo. Dual purpose trip to help a friend bring her very ill brother to OK. Making round trip 2600 miles in 6 days. Should be interesting ?

Drive carefully that is a long trip in a short time. At least 8 1/2 hours a day just driving. For /planning I use the average of 50mph as a base number. I have found it to be pretty accurate. It doesn't matter what the speed is you average 50. Remember to take stops about every hour to walk around. 
Make shure your propane tank is full before you leave so you can run your furnace if you need it to stay warm.
I am spoiled now I don't like to drive over 300-350 miles a day. The goal is to be set up in a campsite before happy hour. ;)

Good advice sir. If I could take more time to enjoy the drive I certainly would. My friend and I are tag-teaming the driving. We will be switching  out frequently to prevent fatigue. I will definitely have full tank of propane.  Heading out Wednesday...just hope the weather will play nice?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom