Dash blower motor switch not working right.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corky

Need help/advice for the dash blower motor switch in a ?05 Itasca Meridian 36G.

The fan only works when set on high, and is off on any other position. I have read something months ago that there is a bundle of resistors in line somewhere that may be the culprit.

My question is can anybody lead me to resources that will help me understand where the resistor bundle would be located. I?m assuming that the bundle, more than likely located in the dash area, as opposed to being located outside somewhere. I would like to, at least, have a reasonable amount of confidence before I start taking the dash apart.

Any help is, as always, much appreciated. 

Corky

On the Winnebago board on this site, there are some resources listed that can probably give you some good information:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/board,85.0.html

in my experience the resistors are normally located in the incoming air duct. look under the dash at the ductwork and look for a bundle of 2 or 3 wires connected to a connector that is plugged into an electrical device that is inserted/attached to an air duct. they are resistors and the air flow will help cool them.

If your system is made by Evans, the resistors are probably mounted on the heater blower switch as mine are.  The most likely problem is a loose connection at the switch based on my experience.

Back
Top Bottom