Georgia between Fl and Hilton Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

We are considering an eastern return from Florida this spring.  Would like to stop somewhere along the coast in Georgia and then again at Hilton Head.  Any recommendations for a 1 or 2 nights stay?  I looked at Hilton Head and found space, but. it came with a stiff price tag ($100/night+/-).  We will be visiting family and friends at Hilton Head, so don't need luxury accommodations.  Timing may be an issue. We are looking at the end of March or the first week of April.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

We like Crooked River State Park near St Marys, GA just over the FL/GA line on I-95. We also like Ft Clinch State Park, just before the FL line. Crooked River is about 2.5 hours from Hilton Head, and Ft Clinch is about 3 hours away. There's also a pretty decent KOA just off I-95 Exit 1 near Kingsland, GA, if you want more facilities.

Dutch, we stopped at Crooked River on our way north back home a week ago. They have one loop shut down upgrading to fhu they said,looked like new pads also. Only their for the night ,raining so didn't walk over there

I prefer Skidaway Island State Park when I'm visiting the Savannah area. $40 a night. It's not too far south of Hilton Head.

Full hook up site at River's End Campground on Tybee Island is between $50 and $90 depending on the dates.

Robert K said:
Dutch, we stopped at Crooked River on our way north back home a week ago. They have one loop shut down upgrading to fhu they said,looked like new pads also. Only their for the night ,raining so didn't walk over there

Thanks for the update, Robert! I knew they were planning the upgrade, but I didn't know when. We'll be there in January and again in March, so we'll get a chance to check out the improvements, and maybe even to use them. The non-site specific reservation system will make that difficult though. Maybe the luck of the draw will be with us... :)

Thanks for the responses. 

I hate to plan on going to places that I haven't seen or been recommended.

I looked at the places that were recommended, and decided to reserve a space at Crooked River.

The Hilton Head choice was made easier by the helpful staff on the phone.  One resort had rates that approached $100/night, and they weren't exactly helpful.  A recent review for that place indicated new ownership or management.  The other resort is a little further from the heart of things, but their rate was $64 and they were very helpful on the phone.  Good manners and helpful attitude made the choice for us.

Back
Top Bottom