Windshield Wiper Alignment 1998 Flair on P30 chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guyg

The wipers on our '98 Fleetwood Flair seem to have a mind of their own.

With the wiper motor in its "rest" position, I've loosened the wiper arms and moved them into a position just above the rubber molding at the bottom of the windshields (has split windshields).

The driver's side seems to return before it gets all the way to the left side of the windshield (from the driver's perspective), and the passenger wiper runs up and over the center molding before making its return swipe.

If the center molding wasn't there, the passenger side is actually making a pretty good wipe of the area the driver would want to be able to see, but I really don't think it should be jumping over the center molding.

I don't see any evidence that anything has been replaced but I can't imagine this has been going on forever, either.

Any ideas?

We're currently on the road, otherwise I would just disassemble the whole thing and try to figure it out.

I had an experience on my motorhome where the right side wiper was unexpectedly crossing the center.  After investigation I found the wiper shaft that goes through the front was loose.  The nut that holds it tight came loose and the shaft was shifting all over the place.
Check yours to see if that is your problem.
Open the front hood and check for the nut behind the front panel.

RTsRV

Thanks.  I'll check that out.  I also have found that a bolt was missing from the wiper motor bracket.  Replaced it but haven't tried the wipers yet.  They seem to work as intended when the windshield is dry but take off on their own when it gets wet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom