Finally I'm a SnowBird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedandSilver

I just landed at a RV Park in FL.  Maybe 25 miles South of Ocala and about 50 miles North of Lakeland.

I have been planning/researching becoming a SnowBird for a long time and now it's official.

79? here and blue sky makes it feel like Summertime even though it's Dec 1.
Motorhome made it pretty will with few issues.
When in MI it took a short time to get the refrigerator/freezer to acceptable temperatures but in a warmer climate
it's talking a lot longer to cool down.  I had been running it on both the generator and propane (at different times) 
But some how the propane didn't catch once and the temps raised up to just below freezing.  Oh well now that I'm parked and
on Shore Power hopefully it will return to normal soon.  It's worth it to be in Summer like temps.  ;D

Now the test will be - because I only have motorcycles with me, will I wish I had spent the money to outfit my SUV instead?
But that is why I chose FL because I tracked temps all across the country last Winter and no place was more constant than FL
for warm temps throughout the Winter like FL was.  So here I am.

I'm tired and hopefully tonight's rest will be better then the last 2 nights as far as how much sleep I get.

Looking forward to meeting other FL residents and or Snowbirds on this forum. 
Probably will take a day or 2 to get settled but then the fun starts.  ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations. It is a wonderful feeling. Enjoy Florida. :)

Welcome to Florida Red. I have been here five years and there have been maybe three days of bad weather in that time. We have a mini rally in Lakeland in January, hope to see you there. 8)

Congratulations!  We have been snowbirds for five years and love good temps, no more snow. What campsite are you using?

Congratulations! My favorite spot in Florida is Blue Springs State Park. There are gazillions of manatees there to watch. Go check it out. :)

Great job Red. We are a few months behind you. Prior commitments hold us in Michigan until mid Feb.
Next winter we head to the desert right after the holidays. We should hook up sometime. I appreciate all your help in the past.
Keep us posted.
Best, Jeff

Welcome to Fla. We live here permanent. From where I guess you are we're only about an hour from there. Maybe see you around. I still work full time (hopefully not for long) so if our paths cross it'll most likely be on the weekend.
You're in a real nice area for "snow-birding". 

Ride safe.  ;)  After living there, I found myself riding less and less because of distracted drivers.  :mad: Glad I cleared out.

SeilerBird said:
Welcome to Florida Red. I have been here five years and there have been maybe three days of bad weather in that time. We have a mini rally in Lakeland in January, hope to see you there. 8)
Thanks Tom.
Hope would like to attend a mini rally in Lakeland.  I assume you will be posting the time and date.
If you make a post and I don't reply please PM me the details.  I'm so busy enjoying Paradise that I might not be quite
as active on the forum.  I don't know yet.  Today I rode my motorcycle to Westley Chapel and it felt just like Summertime in MI.
I almost forget it's December.  ;D

RVRAC said:
Congratulations!  We have been snowbirds for five years and love good temps, no more snow. What campsite are you using?
I'm using Countryside RV Park

cadee2c said:
Congratulations! My favorite spot in Florida is Blue Springs State Park. There are gazillions of manatees there to watch. Go check it out. :)
I'll be looking up Blue Springs  - thanks for the tip.

Alpena Jeff said:
Great job Red. We are a few months behind you. Prior commitments hold us in Michigan until mid Feb.
Next winter we head to the desert right after the holidays. We should hook up sometime. I appreciate all your help in the past.
Keep us posted.
Best, Jeff
Sure - do you know where you will be staying in mid Feb?  That should still be a good time to escape MI as I heard they
are going to get most of their snow near the tail end of Winter.  We should meet sometime.

skydivemark said:
Welcome to Fla. We live here permanent. From where I guess you are we're only about an hour from there. Maybe see you around. I still work full time (hopefully not for long) so if our paths cross it'll most likely be on the weekend.
You're in a real nice area for "snow-birding". 
PM me your address (if you want) and I can come to you as I'm retired.

sunfighter said:
Ride safe.  ;)  After living there, I found myself riding less and less because of distracted drivers.  :mad: Glad I cleared out.
Well I don't have a choice right now as I only have bikes for transportation.  But I know what you mean I'm on the lookout
for distracted drivers and get far away from them when I can.

If anyone has any other tips or suggestions - Fire away.  ;D

Red welcome to Florida from another Snowbird, we hit our place Nov 29, and the smile hasn't come off my face yet, and likely won't till spring.  Check out the search function about your fridge, I'm sure there will be a few strings that might offer advice as to what might be making the propane use wanky, my initial reaction is dirt/spiders webs in the line.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom