rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: What have you done to resolve the choppy ride when towing on concrete roads?  (Read 2050 times)

Oldgator73

Gary,
I think one of these could do the job! It accomplishes, if it works as advised, and I see no reason why it wont. It will eliminate the play in both pieces, shank to adapter and adapter to hitch socket. The set screw idea I had only tightens the shank to the adapter.
I had forgotten e-trailer.

Thanks again!

I don't think that will eliminate the discomfort you experience on concrete highways. We had a fifth wheel and it was tight in the hitch and we still experienced a great deal of discomfort on those highways.

John97031

• ---
2017 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
2017 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

lone_star_dsl

• ---
If you have airbags on your truck, my trick works!

I found that airing up the bags to their limits and basically removing any rear end suspension movement will eliminate almost all of the bouncing. To do this, you will need an on board compressor though.
2007 KZ Sportsman 36SE3 Toy Hauler
2016 Ram 3500, CTD, Aisin, Dually
Monument, CO

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
If you have airbags on your truck, my trick works!

I found that airing up the bags to their limits and basically removing any rear end suspension movement will eliminate almost all of the bouncing. To do this, you will need an on board compressor though.

Which is what I said back in my post, however, I don't know if the same thing applies to a TT as opposed to a 5th wheel. 
Ed.....KF5INW
MSgt, USAF, Retired
2019 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
2010 Forest River Wildcat 28RKBS
"I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!"

DonPam

• ---
  • 513-200-4029
Gary, I ordered the hitch rattle device from etrailer. At a minimum it will show me what results I might get by bumping up to the 2 1/2 shank by Equalizer that John97031 located.
Lastly, someone suggested air bags on my truck. Currently I do not have air bags on my truck, but if I move that direction, I will consider an on board compressor setup.
The next step I will take will be the rattle bracket at the hitch, then shocks on the trailer.
As I have progress with results worthy of sharing, I will update this post.
What I have heard is that I can improve the ride a little, but not eliminate it. For now, Ill take improvement!😏
Thank you ALL for your recommendations and humor.
Don & Pam Cima
Dayton, OH

2017 Grand Design Imagine 2950RL

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Let us know how it works.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC