What do you use to remove bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVRAC

What do you use to remove the bugs that stick to the front cab of the MH and FW?  I tried Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover today but didn't work. In the past it did work but not today.  Please share with me what you use

For the surface of a MH (or any vehicle), soak towels in hot water and lay/hold them on the surface of the rig.  Leave them there for about a minute and then just wipe the bugs off.  Be aware if you have wax on the surface, hot towels will likely remove it. 

In that case (waxed siding) fill a spray bottle 1/2 & 1/2 with peroxide and water.  Spray on, leave about 5 minutes.  The bugs will foam up as the peroxide works on the protein but it will NOT hurt your surface (I used it on my motorcycle).  The bugs will wipe off quite well, but not as easily as they wet towel method.  Best to use this on a regular basis.  Decaying bugs can begin to affect the paint if left to rot there.

HTH

Damp dryer sheet make removal easy for us. I also keep a good coat of polish on the front to make the removal easy. Chuck

steveblonde said:
Just water - let it soak a few minutes and most will come off then wash with any CAR soap not dish soap.

That sounds good if you can pull over and get them off immediately or even as soon as you are set up in a campsite. It has been my experience that plain water will remove some, but the larger splats and anything that sit on the front overnight will be much more difficult to remove. Plain soap and water does a good job, but even then, some area will need a stronger scrubbing. We find the wet dryer sheets take no effort at all, even after the bugs have been on for a couple of days. Chuck

Back
Top Bottom