Driver door lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheila55

Hi, just checking to see if anyone has had problems with the drivers side door on their Rialta not being able to open it from the outside.  We have a 2005 Winnebago Rialta and you cannot open the drivers door from the outside.  It is really irritating for me to have to get inside to open the door for my husband to get in.
Thanks for any input.

Do you have a photo &/or make of the lock? I don't have a Rialta, nor do I have a driver's door, but here's what I had to do to fix a similar problem on the entry door of our Monaco. Don't know if this will be of any help, but might give you some clues.

Sounds like the handle mechanism is out of adjustment or a connecting rod came loose.

Time to take the door apart.

Generally on door locks of the AUTOMOTIVE type, there is a linkage, it sometimes comes loose.  OFTEN if someone attempts (Successfully or not) to B&E the vehicle.

RV locks.. Well they too have a linkage but it's different.. IN either case that's your Suspect #1

It's built on a VW Eurovan chassis with electric locks. The cab area is VW like on any Class b or C RV. A clue to the problem may be that when you try to unlock the door with the key, there is no resistance, which could indicate broken/disconnected mechanical linkage. If the passenger door also can be locked/unlocked by a key, try it and see if there is any resistance. If so, does the driver's door "feel" the same. Just an idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom