Tire warranty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xvatorguy

Hope this isn?t an omen but on my maiden voyage home with my 2018 Thor Citation I brought home a 1/4 self tapping screw fully seated in my tire. Glad we seen it cause we?re overdue for a long road trip in the near future. Anybody have any input with the the tire  service using the warranty? It appears road hazards are covered. I assume they will come to me with an exact replacement? Thanks for any help.

A screw through the tread area is not usually grounds for replacement - that is easily and reliably repairable. If in the shoulder or sidewall, the tire needs to be replaced.

As for coming to you, that depends on what the warranty says about road service, but usually the basic warranty requires you to bring the rig in for service.  If you have tire coverage on an extended warranty, that will surely require you to bring the coach to an authorized repair service, usually an RV dealer shop.  Do you have a separate tire warranty of some sort, e.g. from the tire manufacturer? If so, contact a dealer for that brand.

If you have roadside service, you can get a service call for a flat tire, but you will still need to make arrangements to get the new tire under warranty or the flat repaired. Roadside services usually are not warranty service providers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom