Installing slideout tray for basement freezer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Planning on mounting a 12V portable freezer in the basement. While I have one compartment that has a slideout tray, the compartment where the freezer is going will need a tray added.

Looking for recommendations re adding slideout trays, things to watch for, specific brands, and other thoughts. The freezer weighs about 100 lbs so tray will have to support about 200 total I would guess.

Thx

google" joey bed for rv ". they are the original makers for pick-up beds and rv's and have a very good product.

Joey Bed is good, but only one of several good brands. This is a mature product area with several good products. Joey, MORryde, Kwikee, Slidemaster, etc.

Some are higher mounted than others, and some have lower/higher weight ratings. Some are two way slides - they cross the entire RV and can be slid out either side. It's mostly a matter of figuring what fits/works best in your rv.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Joey Bed is good, but only one of several good brands. This is a mature product area with several good products. Joey, MORryde, Kwikee, Slidemaster, etc.

Some are higher mounted than others, and some have lower/higher weight ratings. Some are two way slides - they cross the entire RV and can be slid out either side. It's mostly a matter of figuring what fits/works best in your rv.

I looks like MORryde has the specific product I'm looking for. They have a freezer sliding tray that, aside from being exactly the right size, is also a 200% extension (which I hadn't thought about). Virtually all the 'normal' ones seems to slide 100% or slightly less. The freezer tray slides out twice as far as the freezer is deep, getting the freezer way out so the lid can be completely and easily opened.  Kinda spendy though  :-\

I put the MorRyde in my Tiffin Scott. I don't use it for a freezer, I use it for a storage area for our work out weights. I just checked today and I load it with 196# of misc weight equipment. And it does extend out 200% as advertised, fully loaded. 

It is pricey but I wanted something dependable, and so far I haven't been disappointed.

SargeW said:
I put the MorRyde in my Tiffin Scott. I don't use it for a freezer, I use it for a storage area for our work out weights. I just checked today and I load it with 196# of misc weight equipment. And it does extend out 200% as advertised, fully loaded. 

It is pricey but I wanted something dependable, and so far I haven't been disappointed.

Thanks Marty. Just ordered it.

I assume it?s thru-bolted to the bin floor; lotta weight/leverage hanging out there.

Yeah, I believe it was 4 bolts on a side. I used stainless to avoid the rust out issue. A word of caution about the install. Try extending the shelf all the way out to make sure it clears both the open door and the lip on the bay. I needed a shim at the front of the tray to clear the lip on the storage bay. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom