I'm looking for a gift for an RV'er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Traveling west of the Mississippi in 2018
Hello,

The husband and I are going to get an RV (or Toy Hauler) and travel for 6 months and then set our roots somewhere based off of our travels.

I have the budget ready, I'm working on the itinerary, we have narrowed it down to a Rapture 425TS or Keystone Montana Front Living Rig.

Do you have any 'small-ish' or stocking suffer gift suggestions? Useful or whimsical for our adventure? I just purchased the Alaska 2017 milemarker book (we will be on the road in late April so I couldn't wait for the 2018).

We will be traveling CO  NM UT CA OR WA AK ID MT SD WY (not limited to nor necessarily in that order)

Thanks!
Amy
The Wayward Pioneer

Best stocking stuffer would be a note suggesting longer than 6 months travel before deciding. We went or a year and have regretted not making it 5 years!

Gonna sound crazy, but flashlights. One for the TV and one for the TT.

Whimsical pulls for the ceiling light.  We have had our camper a week, so I have been looking.  A light bulb and fan pair?  Dog and cat individual pulls?  I found a FW pull that almost looks like ours!

A RV movie DVD?

Flashlights ARE a good idea.

LED camp light that looks like an old Coleman lantern

Level for the front of the camper.

TPMS system for trailer
zero gravity chair
weather station with wireless remote for outside
small BBQ grill
small AA battery aluminum penlight flashlight
Amazon gift card

That's all I can think of right now.

Foxysdad said:
How about a stocking full of cash ;)

Made me laugh! Actually we carry cash, about $300, in case of emergency. Some campgrounds require cash or check. Lose your wallet and need fuel? Cash covers it.

You will run into some odd situations along the way, trust me, and it's handy to have some backup.

OBX said:
A nice cordless drill if he doesn't have one...Dewalt

And the socket for the stabilizers.  I  agree with flashlights( and batteries).  Some basic tools.  duct tape.  Electrical tape.

Edit: Fixed quote tag.

Restaurant and hardware store gift certificates.
Handwritten IOUs (washing dishes, take a hike, watch a sunset)
A puppy ?

We've been full time for a year and a half, so most of the tools, accessories are already covered.  I got my wife one of those Ancestry DNA kits this Christmas.  It's something she wanted that she'd never buy for herself. 

[quote author=Rene T]Not sure if I missed it but a must item is a volt Meter[/quote]

Could buy a Harbor Freight one for under $5 and buy something else with the remaining $95  ???

I'm looking for someone to buy me a Class C. 30+ feet would do fine. I can PM you the delivery details. Just saying.

Get a photo album and make it your own experiences you encountered on your adventure.  We have been doing this for over 10 years and its great to show others what you did.

Thanks,
John

Back
Top Bottom