seeking hardshell camper that sleeps 4 and fits in garage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbone66

Hi, my garage entrance is about 6.5 feet in height. I can fit a trailer that is up to 17 feet long. My garage restrictions seem to relegate me to a hard-shell popup, like an Aliner. The problem is the Aliners that would fit in my garage only sleep 3. Along with my wife, I have 2 teenage boys. My main concern is comfortable sleeping arrangements. Do I have any options other than a canvas popup? Thanks. Dave

Trailmanor nd High-Lows would probably work. Trailmanors are expensiveand have unusual toilets, but lots of room.High-Lows aren?t made any more but they are available on the used market.

I agree that Trailmanor would be a good one. I had one for four years before I decided to go with a motorhome, and they tow very nicely. I kept it in the garage, too. If you go to the link above, you'll see an animation of the opening and folding of the trailer. They use torsion bars to assist in the opening and closing, so it can be a one handed operation. In fact, when I first saw one at an RV show, the lady demonstrating was wearing high heels and did it one handed.

have unusual toilets,

It's an airline-style recycling toilet, but works fine.

High-Lows aren?t made any more but they are available on the used market.

Yes, but note that they are heavier than the Trailmanor and have (my opinion) other drawbacks.

The Trailmanor Owner's Forum is excellent, too (not company associated), having a lot of expertise and it is as friendly and helpful as this RVForum is.

We also had a Trailmanor for 3 years or so. Solid construction and easy to tow. I should have noted the toilet is odd but completely useable. When open it really is like a pop up floor plan with two separate sleeping spaces, something we really liked. I don?t remember the model number, but it was huge when opened up, something that was great for taking teenagers along.

Edit to correct spelling.

pop up flood plan

er... floor plan?  ;D

We had the 2720SL (living room slide), but the plain 2720 has a bed at each end, as do most of the bigger models. The 2720 (27 foot equivalent when open, 20 feet when closed), is the one that best fits in a garage but can sleep four.

up to 17 feet long

I missed that restriction the first time through. The 2720 with the folding tongue option is 18 feet long with the tongue folded, otherwise 20 feet long. There was a 2619 and now there is a 2518 model, with a king bed in the rear and a double bed in front (obviously a bit more cramped than the 2720).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom