Need windshield in Fresno area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arch Hoagland

I need a new driver's side windshield and wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a good place to have it done in the Fresno area. Or any place to stay away from.

It all started out with a chip that caused a star pattern about the size of a quarter. CSAA sent Safelite out and during the process of trying to repair the problem it grew worse as they suggested it might.

Now I have a 13 inch crack and need to have it replaced. Safelite doesn't replace windshields on class A motorhomes and had no recommendations of where to take it. Thought that was a little strange.

My insurance will cover it with a $50 deductable. Had the passenger side done in 2005 while on a trip to the east coast. $850 but the insurance covered it.

So...any suggestions for a place to get it repaired?

Import Glass Corporation in Fresno claims to do RV windshields.
2641 S Maple Ave, Fresno, CA 93725.  (559) 486-5888.

You could try the companies listed on our Glass and windshield repair sources page. Click the Resources button above and scroll down the menu.

It was there, easy to overlook though:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=Glass

I was not able to see  "Glass and windshield repair sources page"  when I clicked on resources.

You have to click the red Click here for menu link on the Resources page and scroll down. Meanwhile, kdbgoat provided a direct link to the page.

FWIW I've usually asked my insurance company to provide a reference to a glass company that deals with RV windshields. I assume their database contains a list of providers they've written checks to.

Edit: When you get it fixed, please let us know who you used. Thanks.

Thanks for the help.  I was hoping to hear from somebody who has actually used one of the places around here for repair. There is one place I definitely won't use.

Today I will be calling a few of the RV repair places I've used in the past and see what they recommend and also contact CSAA and tell them the repair didn't work. I'll see who they recommend.

Once it's repaired I'll report back for sure.

SCVJeff said:
Why not call Paul Evert and ask who they use ?

I called my Workhorse dealer, Bud Eberwein Brakes in Fresno and the owner, Zarkas, recommended Central Valley RV Repair in Fresno. Called them and talked to Mark who will order the windshield tomorrow after I give him the information printed on the glass.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you all know how the whole thing works out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom