rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Truthfully - is RV'ing becoming less enjoyable  (Read 1972 times)

Gizmo

• ---
Re: Truthfully - is RV'ing becoming less enjoyable
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
My point is,,If you ask a question and don't expect a "truthful" answer,,,then whats the point??>>>Dan

It is not about expecting a truthful answer, obviously when a question is asked, the expectation and hope is a truthful answer will be given.  The point kdbgoat is making, and it is a valid one, "truthfully as was used earlier in this thread is just a common expression many people use, with no intention of disrespect or any other negative meaning attached and certainly not worth getting worked up about, life is too short to dwell on such mundane and trivial things.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:32:16 PM by Gizmo »
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 01:17:53 PM »
Subjects need a "hook" to attract maximum response. I thought this was a good one.

We are enjoying our Class A so much more than the tiny Class C we had in the early '80's. I suppose a big part of that is not having to plan around working.

We first used our MH last April and have spent 42 nights in it. We used  privately owned campgrounds, State, City, and County parks, FS land, Harvest Host sites (aviation museum, winery, and goat farm), and of course Walmart and Cabela's. We have never had a problem with getting a campsite. That's not to say that we always got our first choice when trying to book the day before.

Tom
Tom & Theresa
2004 Pace Arrow 37C, Workhorse W22, 8.1 Vortec
2014 Honda CR-V Toad, Roadmaster -5 Base and tow bar
SMI Stay and Play Duo Brake system

Old Radios

• ---
  • The Turtle - Our Harley Hauler
    • Steve's Antique Technology
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »
It's getting crowded out there...
2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Custom Toad
2015 Harley Softail Deluxe Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »
Quote from: kdbgoat
Don't take the "truthfully" thing to heart. Around here, ... it's just an expression.

Same in our olde country. One time, when I was under oath in a court witness box and the prosecutor asked me a question, I replied "to be honest ...". The strange look from the prosecutor and the judge made me realize what I'd just said  :-[
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:05:53 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Alpena Jeff

• ---
  • God bless America!
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
It's getting crowded out there...
Gotta say, this topic is disconcerting as we just bought our first coach.
We will enjoy it even though it has lost its appeal for some.  8)
Jeff & Judy
2016 Newmar Ventana 3427
2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain toad
Blue Ox Aventa LX - RVi3 - EEZRV
Retired to "the lake" in north Michigan

blw2

• ---
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
I'll admit to being in a bit of a hurry and only skimming this thread, but I find it very interesting.  I have been thinking along similar lines lately myself
just similar.

My gut tells me that it has a lot to do with the area you frequent.  Around here, it does seem to be getting very hard to get into state parks last minute.... while I can remember just a handful of years ago when only the super high demand places on the beach were like that.  Also, looking on allstays just the other day for the area we were travelling, as well as a place we were talking about maybe going in a few weeks, I notice huge areas where all the walmarts were red, not a lot of options for free boondocking. 
I figure a lot of that has to do with more an more local ordinances creeping in.
and the other...well it just seems that more folks are RVing.

That said, we are still enjoying it.
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
’13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »
The wilderness is still out there, just have to get off the interstate. The attached picture is from an RVer’s blog, the white dot is his rig. ‘Course, there’s no wifi or cable
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:05:28 PM by Sun2Retire »
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

mocotom

• ---
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »
Personally, I think it's all a matter of mindset.    If you can keep an open mind and remain willing to be flexible - RVing can still be a ball.   If you're one of those folks who is a "fault finder" (parks are too cramped, neighbors are too _____ (noisy, nosy, untidy, disrespectful of "our" site boundaries - pick your favorite or add your own "issue"), traffic is too heavy, drivers around us drive too fast, too slow, etc. - and then dwell on any / every little thing that annoys you - RVing will certainly become less enjoyable.   I'll venture to add that if you're one of those folks - your life is already and will remain miserable no matter how you choose to fill your days - but that would probably be off topic.

What he said :))
USMC 1968-1972
2004 Coachman Santara 3480DS class A
8.1 Workhorse chassis

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »
 Another situation to be considered is the RV rental/sales/tour companies and caravan companies are reserving whole blocks of time at various high-use venues. They do this well in advance of the seasons before they actually need them just to be covered (they can cancel last minute with no penalty),, but if you try to reserve during that time period you will find it booked up.>>>Dan
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.

Al Juby

• ---
  • Al & Kathy
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2017, 05:25:56 AM »
I've found that the more times I repeat something the less enjoyable I find it. That's why I travel. To see new places. Do new things. It seems that I don't notice the little annoying things about something until I have done them several times. The roads closest to home are always the longest.
99 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
2005 CR-V
Lyman S.C.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 09:37:58 AM »
Same in our olde country. One time, when I was under oath in a court witness box and the prosecutor asked me a question, I replied "to be honest ...". The strange look from the prosecutor and the judge made me realize what I'd just said  :-[
Reminds me of the TV show LIVE PD that is currently on TV two nights a week.  The cops will tell you that such statements make them dig even deeper. Such things as "I swear" or "I only had one drink" are like red lights.  But I can see your point in that being sworn to oath in court to say "to be honest" would get a few stares..........lol

Bill
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret - 1961-1981)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Cats: Grace-11 & Squeak-6, Winnie the ShihTzu - 16 mos

Oldgator73

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »
Anytime the grandkids say "I promise I didn't do it" that just about guarantees they did it.

Joezeppy

• ---
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
As was mentioned earlier on, we "vacationers" are different from the full timers in that we have limited time and miles we can travel. For this reason, we have to plan up to a year ahead in many cases (9 months for our state parks here in NY). I do find this to be a pain the butt sometimes but on the other hand, as the cold weather approaches, it gives us the excuse to get together with friends to make plans and puts us in the mood for next year's camping excursions! We already have all of the holiday weekends for 2018 planned along with a couple of other random weekends here and there.

As far as being more crowded, it all depends. We do full hook up most of the time but also a few electric-only weekends. The campgrounds we typically go to range from packed in to lots of space. We have had good times/neighbors and some not so good times/neighbors in all types of campgrounds over the years.
Joe & Kim
Upstate NY - Kuyahoora Valley
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD - 6.0L
2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th wheel hitch