What are some of the symtoms of mold sickeness.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I have neighbors here in the CG and the wife has been sick since they arrived in FL.  I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's caused by mold. The rear end cap is totally delaminated from the plywood and they know that it's leaking inside the wall but it's hard to tell how much. I looked inside the RV and the wall is somewhat white and there is a little indication of water stains but not much.

Question 1) If someone is affected by black old, any idea what the symptoms would be?

Question 2) Can black mold be potentially deadly to some people?

Question 3) Is there a way to test for black mold?

It's basically an allergy.  Sneezing, runny nose, cough, wheezing, itchy or watery eyes, that sort of thing. Some people get a skin rash, but that's not common according to the experts.

However, I would not leap to that conclusion.  Visitors to sub-tropical Florida may get allergy symptoms simply because they get exposed to a lot of flora their immune systems are not accustomed to, plus the warmer, more humid climate is fertile ground for whatever microbes may have been dormant in their system already. Further, those who get seasonal allergies find their "season" is active in Florida even in December.

I've had a mold sickness before - very much flu-like symptoms - headache, fever, lung congestion, etc.  I would say that is the extreme end of the problem.  Not fun!

Look around locally for a home environmental assessment agency, or call the county Health Dept. The Health Dept. can probably recommend someone.

It might be worthwhile to get her completely out of that RV for a few days to see if there is an improvement.  Perhaps there is a rental unit in the campground.  Of course try to not take contaminated things along to the place of refuge.

I?ve been taking allergy shots for over a year and my worst reaction currently is pigweed.  Never heard of the stuff before, but that may be the culprit that made me miserable for years.

Good news. It's not mold spores affecting her. They went to the emergency room and spent a good part of the day there. Did all kinds of tests and blood work. It ended up she has a virus/flu. They started her right away on medication and a breathing machine. After about 2 hours, she said she felt nearly 100% better. 

Her DH tried to get her to go originally but she didn't want to have anything to do with that. My DW had a long talk with her and convinced her that she should go and now you know the rest of the story.

Your neighbor has a good friend, (your wife), and it's good she listened to her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom