Roof leak question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshuaA

So I bought this palomini camper in march 2017 new.. I've done general roof maintenance myself. I guess during hurricane in Texas this year the roof decided to leak, when I checked on it there was a bunch of water trapped between the roof and had started leaking down into camper a little. I'm quite sure manufacture isn't going to cover this, is this worth taking it to insurance company or are they not going to cover it and say it was due to maintenance? Anyone have any experience with this?

Doesn't cost anything to make an insurance claim and  hurricane damage to an almost new roof is almost certainly be covered. Unless there is obvious prior damage, I don't see any grounds for denying a storm damage claim. That assumes your comprehensive insurance coverage doesn't have a specific exclusion for that sort of thing.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Doesn't cost anything to make an insurance claim and  hurricane damage to an almost new roof is almost certainly be covered. Unless there is obvious prior damage, I don't see any grounds for denying a storm damage claim. That assumes your comprehensive insurance coverage doesn't have a specific exclusion for that sort of thing.

For some untold reason, they don't cover it, do they usually drop you or just not cover the damage? I'm not sure if i should just leave it as is, im just worried about mold issues from the leak. I'm assuming that vinyl cover would need to be reglued to the roof.. I'm just not really sure what to do or even if theres really any damage to fix at this point except for the obvious leak spots on ceiling and walls

They just say "Not Covered".  No risk.  Start by giving the claims phone line a call and ask if you have coverage for storm damage as a result of Hurricane Harvey. If you do, make the claim and they will send an adjuster out to look at it. If you like, get a preliminary estimate from an RV repair shop ahead of time, but the adjuster will work with whomever you select later. Getting an estimate helps educate you, but you can contest the adjuster's estimate later too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom