$5 gas is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Saw a clip on the news this evening showing $4.99/gallon gas at a station in Gorda, CA.

Don't fret too much. There are certain gas stations, even in my little town, who consistantly list excess prices. They don't want to sell gas, it's their way of protesting the low profit they make.

Leave it to the Press to find these signs, rare they be, to sensationalize the current problem. Some stations have 'plastic-bagged' their pump handles for that same reason.

This too will pass. It always has. Check out the federal and local tax ingredient in the price of gas.

carson FL.

I was just looking at the price charts on Gasbuddy.com  Prices are not really that much higher than last summer, peaked on 5/16 (The day after the great gas no-buy) and dropped slightly this morning (average price down a penny where I"m at)

Last June we paid 3.019 in Cortez. Two weeks ago we paid 3.169, which is only a 5% increase. But in February, we only paid 2.139 and that's a 48% increase. Yeah, yeah, I know all about seasonal changes in price and "supply and demand" but most of us look at what we paid recently and the recent increases are significant.

Looks like New Mexico hasn't peaked yet, at least not for gas (3.259). Diesel looks like it's gone down a bunch (2.999) or maybe it just didn't go up when gasoline did?

And please don't tell me that if I have to worry about the price of gas I shouldn't own an RV. I'm able to RV BECAUSE I pay attention to the price of gas.

When I was a teenager, I often put only 25 cents worth of gas into the family car.  It was enough gas to get me into town, cruise the main street endlessly and get me home again. 

Lowell said:
When I was a teenager, I often put only 25 cents worth of gas into the family car.  It was enough gas to get me into town, cruise the main street endlessly and get me home again. 

My first car was a VW beetle, it got 25 MPG and gas was 25 cents a gallon. Ah, the good old days.

The price of gas around central Indiana in April 2006 was around $$2.00-$2.25. The price in the fall of 2005 was around $2.65. So, gas has gone up around here significantly.
Not gonna get into a political discussion but when you have two oil men in the White House what do you expect ??

Woody

Carson,

When we go to the eastern U.S., the farther west we come on the way home, the higher the fuel prices.  The western U.S. is always higher and has been during all the years we've been RVing.  South Carolina tends to be lowest.

ArdraF

Woody said:
Not gonna get into a political discussion but when you have two oil men in the White House what do you expect ??

I'm bet a presidential vote that this "trend" won't change, regardless of who is sitting in the Oval Office.  It's $3.39 around here for regular, which is highest I've ever seen in my life.  I remember the "jump" to $1.55 around 4 years ago, which we thought was high then!  There is no way this can be blamed on legitimate supply and demand, it's just straight-up capitalist greed from the oil companies and executives.  When I was a kid, a good deal on milk was $2/gallon.  And today, a good deal on milk is $2/gallon.  Yet in that same 20-year timeframe, gas has risen from 63 cents/gallon (the price I remember when I started paying attention) to whatever it is today.  Some economist explain THAT to me, cause I sure don't understand it.  :p

2.98 here in Gleandale AZ today.  And me with a full tank.  Guess I could have come home and gotten one of the other cars and filled up.  Darn  should have filled the RV

John, I dont get what you mean when you say the prices are the same as last year. Dude, there is no way it was $3.65 in Michigan last Memorial Day.

Today in Idaho  Falls, ID, we topped off despite not  really needing fuel as the price of Diesel was  ONLY $2.93.  Who would guess a "low" price would get us to fuel up with all of the enter /exit hassels.
Betty B

Betty Brewer said:
Today in Idaho  Falls, ID, we topped off despite not  really needing fuel as the price of Diesel was  ONLY $2.93.  Who would guess a "low" price would get us to fuel up with all of the enter /exit hassels.
Betty B

Hassel/schmassel.....any savings on fuel over 10-cents a gallon is worth grabbing....unless you figure you can only put in 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom