Do any of you use an air fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Do you love it?  Do you use it a lot?  How is cleanup?  Thinking of getting either Nuwave one or paula deens.

I don't own one and likely won't because it's a bit of a unitasker and it seems generally I can do most of what an air fryer (counter top convection oven, basically) can do right in my rig's oven.

This review is worth a read.

http://ovens.reviewed.com/features/whats-an-airfryer-and-should-i-buy-one

We have an air fryer and use it quite a bit at home and it works well.  We have taken it on our little class C and it stores under a seat.  We use it for most things that you would fry or bake.  It doesn't heat up the house or RV like our convection oven.

We would never allow a deep fryer in the house or RV.  Oh and cleanup is not a problem.

We tried one and did not like it at all.

I do most of our cooking on our Coleman NXT Grill.  I fry chicken in a frying pan on it and bake too. 

We did get a Butterball Turkey Fryer and it is the best deep fryer I have ever used.  I use it outside on a table top.  It makes very good food of every kind if you want to deep fry.  We use it for a while before we change oil.  It is very easy to clean and drain

We us ours a lot, easy cleanup, nice crisp fries and onion rings. Can fry chicken, fish or whatever with no grease. Would not be without it.

No smoke only gave off a little odor when new. The only time it will smoke is if you are burning the food LOL  :)

A friend has one, slices potatoes into appropriate strips, "air fries" them with NO oil or anything else, they come out just perfect, better than "French Fries".

Hammster said:
I don't own one and likely won't because it's a bit of a unitasker and it seems generally I can do most of what an air fryer (counter top convection oven, basically) can do right in my rig's oven.

This review is worth a read.

http://ovens.reviewed.com/features/whats-an-airfryer-and-should-i-buy-one

Thanks for the review! Answered a lot of questions.

Peggyy, was Santa good to you?

He brought us one for Christmas so I figured I'd add my $.02 worth. I should have written down the brand name - sorry. We used it last night for the first time and made some chicken wings with the recipe that came with it. They came out fantastic. Took a while - we could fit 12 wings in the basket and had to cook for 12 minutes, flip, cook another 12 minutes, toss in Buffalo sauce, and then cook another 8 minutes. The wait was worth it, though! Crispy on the outside and tender and moist inside. We are pleased...but boy does the house smell like wings! Next time, maybe we'll cook out on the porch!

We got one for Christmas too. It makes great sweet potato fries! Other than fries, I have used it for appetizers with good results. I did get some smoke on my second batch of Bacon wrapped Jalapeno  poppers.  Some of the cream cheese in the first batch leaked out and got over cooked when doing the second batch. We also made wings with good results.

I think you have to watch the time a bit until you get it right for your unit. Some of the recipes show more time than we seem to need.

wincom6 said:
My wife is wanting to buy a Airfryer but does it smoke up the motorhome?

I assume because it really smoked our sticks and bricks while air frying chicken wings it would REALLY do the RV a number! We were gifted  a very good one, have used it, would not bother to buy one. Did not, by the way, "burn" the wings.

If in an RV we would always use one  outdoors, but would never bother to take it with us while traveling. If we did not have the ability to clean it in the dishwasher, we would never use it at all!

I did get one from santa.  I made biscuits in it but mothing else so far. It is a big unit.  I was surprised at the size of these things!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom