Help to identify Exhaust Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grashley

The camper has an exhaust fan in the kitchen, controlled by a thermostat looking controller.  I have no idea how it operates or what brand or model I have.  The lid can be opened manually or automatically.

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• FAN 2.jpg
    FAN 2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 50
  • FAN 1.jpg
    FAN 1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 44
Thats a Fantastic Vent Fan. The fuse, the bowtie mounting of the motor, just reeks of a Fantastic.

I would assume you open the dome, it will not work if you do not, it has a cutout switch to stop it if closed, and then turn on the rocker switch, set the speed switch, and possibly push up the thermostat a bunch. Never imagined they would be on a thermostat. Are you sure the thermostat works the fan? Its the type used to operate a heater.

Charles

Yep, Fantastic: I have the same fan and thermostat, it's pretty straightforward. The toggle switch on the fan selects fan direction, blowing in or out. The round knob controls speed, with the zero position turning off everything. The thermostat works as you would expect.

Basically, turn up the thermostat until it clicks. The motor will raise the cover and the fan will start up.

Edit: I just looked at the picture again. Maybe it's not reversible, but operation should be similar.

Gordon, that fan is exactly the same as the one I have in our galley. The knob for opening the dome has two positions. Push up on it and it's in AUTO mode. Pull it down and it's in MANUAL mode. This fan is for someone who has very high ceilings.  The second picture looks like a basic thermostat similar to what I have. It may have controls for the vent fan. Look around for another control box on a wall about the same size as this thermostat. It could be anyplace in the general area. This would be the control for opening the dome and turning the fan on. Did you also end up with a remote which you have no idea what it controls?  Mine has a remote but I never use it.
Mine is identical to the one in the lower left hand corner of this picture:

http://www.rvvent.com/images/6504w414.jpg

Thanks!  I knew you would come through!

I think my friend with gray highlights nailed it.  The PO said the thermostat operated the fan, but did not remember specifics.  I have no remote or another control box.

Happy, do you know your model number so I can download a manual?  Surprisingly, I did not get one.  I did get MANY manuals!

Rene, this fan is in the galley with a high ceiling.  It has the Auto and Manual mode.

Gordon, no model number to be seen. I checked their website, and found that the number is on the top of the fan, visible by looking in from the roof!

The website shows photos of numerous units, so you can probably identify yours. However, I couldn't find a manual.

Back
Top Bottom