Duo Therm wiring for new digital thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dezbull

I am wanting to upgrade this Duo Therm rsv420k62 thermostat to a digital Honeywell RTH8580WF.

The basic thermostat color codes pic may define all of my wires in the Duo Therm pic except for the black wire labeled as H.

I came across the manual for this thermostat, and I believe the H black wire is for high fan or is it?

The RH and W are for the furnace.

How do I hook all of my wires to a Honeywell RTH8580WF thermostat?

Attachments

• Duo Therm.jpg
    Duo Therm.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 41
  • basic-thermostat-color-codes.jpg
    basic-thermostat-color-codes.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Duo Therm Wires.jpg
    Duo Therm Wires.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Honeywell RTH8580WF.jpg
    Honeywell RTH8580WF.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 18
Don't expect the Duo-Therm to use conventional wire color codes, I wish I could help more, I upgraded my DuoTherm analog thermostat to a modern Honeywell battery powered unit last year.  Unfortunately yours appears to be even older than my old DuoTherm analog and may use different voltages.  As I recall mine used a 7.5V electrical system, not 24V like traditional home units.

p.s. the extra wire may be the hi/low fan speed control

dezbull said:
I am wanting to upgrade this Duo Therm rsv420k62 thermostat to a digital Honeywell RTH8580WF.
The basic thermostat color codes pic may define all of my wires in the Duo Therm pic except for the black wire labeled as H.
I came across the manual for this thermostat, and I believe the H black wire is for high fan or is it?

See if  this might help?
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/furnaces/MPD%2032046%20E%2011.27.06.pdf

Did u figure this out im trying to do the same with no luck

Back
Top Bottom