I'm Looking At This Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gator, that Leprechaun model also has a lot of storage space all the way in the back.  Nice unit.

We had a Fleetwood Tioga with similar floor plan. Look at the closet space closely. It could be lacking.

Richard

nibroc said:
would like to see a pic o that tent w/slideout

Wish we had one. We were in Japan and you know it's hard to find a good camera in Japan.

Richard,  I haven't seen on Class C with significant closet space.

Mine has enough wardrobe, cabinet space in the bedroom that we can easily carry enough clothes to change outfits  for both of us for 3 weeks easy, and definitely 4 weeks wearing pants twice without having to do laundry.

kdgoat, I agree with you, I don't have complaints about the space in mine, but some people have unrealistic expectations.

RVRAC said:
kdgoat, I agree with you, I don't have complaints about the space in mine, but some people have unrealistic expectations.

Take a look at the closet space we have in our ws31.  The four winds 31W has the same floor plan.
Private double closet & dressers for the bedroom. Double door closet & dresser drawers for our G-daughters to have their own space.  https://assets-cdn-interactrv.netdna-ssl.com/interactrv/unit_tech_drawing/imgh_800x600-m1202201616043896/mod77256.jpg

That seems to have plenty of closet space. How is the usable space with slide in?

On mine, it's the same, except the closet alongside the bed on the driver's side.

Thanks 99Dart, for the info.  As I said, I don't have complaints with mine either. We have a separate walking closet.

RVRAC said:

Mine has more closet and interior cabinet space than we really use....and that with a  family of 5.  Even when packed on our long trips, we have several spaces that still go under utilized or even nearly empty.  Some are just holding stuff, such as the OEM bedspread that matches the curtains.  We will never use that.  The floorplan doesn't look like much on paper but it's a good one

RVRAC said:

Mostly true. What the OP is looking at, if you do the math. There will be about 12" per side closet space. 102" coach -74" wide bed = 28" - 2" per wall = 24" divided by 2 = 12" per closet.
May work for week ends.
Just making an observation.

Richard

Oldgator73 said:
I bought a black Harley because a color was an option. I try to buy the unit with the least amount of options.

I agree that not having slides should add some Weight savings all things being equal which is a huge advantage in that size of class C.  I had a 31 foot Thor Class C and it was about maxed out if I got change back in coins. :)

Hooray for you for getting what you want - Just wondering though why do you try to buy the unit with the least amount of options. 

I personally shun many of them because they are super high margin for the dealer and bells and whistles that I don't need to pay full retail for but I was interested in your thought process.

Whatever you end up with your company and attitude mean more than whether the wall slides out!!  Enjoy, Enjoy and don't forget to Enjoy!

If you want a quality well built Class C give Lazy Daze in Monrovia Ca a look see. No dealers to mess with, you order direct. We still own a vintage 22 footer that we passed down to our kids. If and when you want to sell these units hold there value all things considerd. There is a forom for LD owners that is like this one, chock full of great info. Do yourself a favor and give them a look. Happy Camping!

Slides are a personal choice.  Extra space when parked is the only advantage to a slide. Added weight, more chance of mechanical failure, and not airtight in cooler weather are all disadvantages.  If a slide fails when it's extended you aren't going anywhere until it's fixed. The floor plans that have to have the slide extended to use the bed are worthless for anyone who travels a lot and wants to use rest areas.

We don't need them and didn't want them.  We moved up from a B and wanted something as dependable. A typical slide adds around 800 pounds or more to a rig. Add a couple more and you have little to  no cargo capacity left.  That's a lot of cargo carrying capacity lost and the extra weight can really affect the handling of a rig.

Last year a neighbor was looking at our rig and stated that he likes having the extra space and didn't see any disadvantage. A couple days later when he went to leave his slide would not retract. Took him a day and a half to get someone there that could get it closed so he could drive it (and it still wasn't fixed).

If we were full timing and sitting in one spot a lot then they might be a plus but for us but we use ours mostly for traveling and can't use them in rest stops anyway. We are not planning on selling it so resale isn't a problem.  Don't think it would be that much of a disadvantage anyway in an older rig.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom