1911 45 ACP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windybill

Are there any 1911 45 ACP experts/collectors among us? I have a couple of questions. Thanks, Bill.

Utclmjmpr said:
Mighty fine weapon,,but I don't care for all the safeties on it.>>>Dan

Then you need a Series 70. Been shooting these firearms for many years. OP, what's the question?
RichH

I have one that I have some info on but not all I would like. I believe it is an original UMC Remington, 4 digit serial number, all the inspector marks are there based on what I have found. A guess it has about 50 percent of what I think is original finish. I have not been able to find what it may be worth, Blue Book has not been helpful. A recent article in American Rifleman said that a true original is rare, at this point I would like some info on what to look for to determine if it is in fact a legitimate original. If it seems to be than suggestions on auction houses would be helpful at some later date. Thanks.

Windybill said:
Are there any 1911 45 ACP experts/collectors among us? I have a couple of questions. Thanks, Bill.
There are countless gun forums on the web that can answer your questions.

I mainly use Nevada Shooters myself, since I mainly live in NV. But anybody from anywhere can ask the experts  there.

FWIW, I own several 1911's,  but that doesn't make me an expert on them.

-Don- Benson, AZ

I have tried a couple of forums, I will give your suggestion a try.
BTW, I drove by Benson in the MH yesterday, heading home from Tucson.

Windybill said:
I have tried a couple of forums, I will give your suggestion a try.
BTW, I drove by Benson in the MH yesterday, heading home from Tucson.
I spent all of last week in Tucson. Western Way RV Park. I love that area of Tucson.

I am fairly active in the NV shooters forum, so you will probably see my messages there too, under the same username.

-Don- Benson (SKP Park), AZ

I've got the 1911 my dad brought back from WWII.  According to the serial numbers, it'll be 100 years old next year.  Even with my aging eyesight I can still hit the 10 ring from 25 yards.  Pisses my kids off  :D

Back
Top Bottom