Upgrade bedroom tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majicchuck

I have removed the old 20 inch CRT from the bedroom. The motorhome is setup for the tv to be in the corner with a latch that closes while rv is in motion. The attached image shows the previous tv location. I plan on getting a 50 inch tv that sits on the counter instead of the upper corner. This will provide much better viewing experience. I was thinking of using industrial strength Velcro and securing. The tv will sit in front of the window, so I really can't attach to the wall. Don't want a mount that requires holes in counter. Has anyone done a similar modification? Or other ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck

Edit: Rotated image.

Attachments

• TV-sideways3.jpg
    TV-sideways3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 47
DW and I have been married for 28 years, and still haven't found a need for a television in our bedroom, let alone a 50"tv, less than 8' from our faces. ;D

[quote author=kdbgoat]... still haven't found a need for a television in our bedroom, let alone a 50"tv,...[/quote]

Different strokes for different folks. We have TVs in our bedrooms at our S&B homes and in the coach. My use is for watching educational/tutorial DVDs. My DW occasionally watches movies in bed when she can't sleep.

[quote author=majicchuck]I was thinking of using industrial strength Velcro and securing.[/quote]

That can/will work. For anything attached to countertops. We like to use QuakeHold (aka museum putty). It's worked well for us on boats with heavy items in rough waters and in the coach. Don't use it on vertical surfaces if you expect high temperatures.

Tom said:
That can/will work. For anything attached to countertops. We like to use QuakeHold (aka museum putty). It's worked well for us on boats with heavy items in rough waters and in the coach. Don't use it on vertical surfaces if you expect high temperatures.

Thanks Tom! Had not heard of QuakeHold. Learned something new :) Will give that a try.

We don't currently find the need to lay any of our TVs on the bed, although we have done so in the past.

A couple things comes to mind. Is that your emergency exit? Have you actually tried to watch a 50" TV from that close and at that angle?  I have a 32" in my bedroom in the S&B and to me it's large enough and it is about the same distance as the one in my coach. I put a 22" in the coach but wished I'd have went to a 32" there also, and may change it out.

Charlie 5320 said:
A couple things comes to mind. Is that your emergency exit? Have you actually tried to watch a 50" TV from that close and at that angle?  I have a 32" in my bedroom in the S&B and to me it's large enough and it is about the same distance as the one in my coach. I put a 22" in the coach but wished I'd have went to a 32" there also, and may change it out.

No my emergency exit is on the opposite wall. Good point. Nothing set in stone. Could see myself dropping down to 32-40". Not much smaller though.

I wouldn't trust the stand holding up with all the wiggling when driving.  X2 on just laying it flat on the bed.  We took out our 19" boat anchor out of our dash several years ago and carry a 32" TV flat on the bed.  In less than 3 minutes we can have it sitting on the dash and hooked up.

It looks like you're utilizing that space for storage. How about installing the TV on a articulating arm. This video will show you various options/ideas and you can still you the space for storage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRps0eOMUQ

Rene T said:
It looks like you're utilizing that space for storage. How about installing the TV on a articulating arm. This video will show you various options/ideas and you can still you the space for storage.
That's what I was thinking too, that way he could get the angle just rite for viewing. I made a angled spacer when installing mine but the angle isn't quite right with the slide in. I get some shadows if I'm laying normal, I have to use an extra pillow. Seriously thinking about another 32" on an arm, myself.

Here's how I dealt with my B/R TV.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,110605.msg997681.html#msg997681

Granted my floorplan is a little different and I didn't want as large of tv as you do. Mine is only 24". The aesthetics were more important than size.

You may be able to adapt an idea or two for your own use.

Tom

Rene T said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRps0eOMUQ

Thanks Rene. The articulating mount is an option. I had a similar mount in the bedroom of my last motorhome.

Heli_av8tor said:
Here's how I dealt with my B/R TV.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,110605.msg997681.html#msg997681

Granted my floorplan is a little different and I didn't want as large of tv as you do. Mine is only 24". The aesthetics were more important than size.

You may be able to adapt an idea or two for your own use.

Tom

Thanks for sharing Tom. Thanks everyone for the feedback :) Very helpful!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom