Re: Airstream Motorhomes - 87 Hydroboost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tom federoff

Hi Guys: I have a 1987 Airstream motorhome model 345. The right front brakes are locked up and I need to know whether it is a Hydro boost brake system or a tandem power diagram booster in order to locate the necessary parts to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks. I am fixing it to sell and it is pretty cool. Formerly owned my the Jack Kerouac  (famous writer/traveler? Foundation in San franciosco. My phone no is 415 637-9985  email is [email protected]. URGENT!!!  NEED TO GET IT OUT OF STORAGE AS I AM GETTING EVICTED DUE TO BUILDING BEING TORN DOWN. tHANKS MUCH. tOM fEDEROFF

Edit: Moderator edited Subject and split post into its own topic.

What chassis under that Airstream? Ford or Chevy or John Deere or ?  Engine size/type should give a clue if there is no emblem on the steering wheel or front fender.

The only ones I've seen used the Chevy P30 chassis and those were available with either vacuum boost or hydraulic. The vacuum booster is a pie-plate shape can mounted right at the master cylinder; hydro-boost has additional hydraulic lines that go to the power steering pump instead of of the booster can.

The Airstream MH's that are not legacy ( looks like an Airstream)  were just another Thor. No high end quality.

moisheh said:
The Airstream MH's that are not legacy ( looks like an Airstream)  were just another Thor. No high end quality.

Your statement is REALLY going to help the OP move his Airstream MH, isn't it?

OP, for temp purposes try crawling under or reaching around the affected locked wheel and pop the caliper/drum with a hammer a few times, it should break loose.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom