2 Very Different RV Lot Experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvannie23

So I got a new job (woo!) and I?m going to be relocating. I?ve been in my RV for three years and was thinking about getting something a little bigger. I went to two different lots, one in MS and one in TX while I was home. At the one is MS the  guy who helped me was super helpful, knew a ton about the units, was really kind and patient with me and would sit on the sofa of each unit and chat while I looked around and opened and closed every cabinet about 100 times. He gave lots of fun facts on how the units were built and how that had changed in the last 20 years. He treated me like a really serious customer and was extremely receptive to my hesitation on towing something too heavy even though I have the 2500 diesel. He agreed he wouldn?t tow a ?half ton? labeled 5th wheel with a half ton truck, ever. He listened to what I wanted and showed me units accordingly, even showing me stuff online he had in inventory at his other location. Great experience.

My second experience was god awful. It was a lot with multiple locations and I accidentally went to a different one than the one I had previously communicated with. When I told the front desk guy who I was there to see he corrected me and told me ? the ____ location is like our little brother we hate and never talk to? I was sort of like ???? And just didn?t say anything. He called someone to the front to help me and a woman who was 50+ showed up in a skin tight dress and high heels. She barely asked or listened to why I was there and even when I told her that I already owned an RV she kept referring to the RV she thought I wanted as ?my first RV?. I asked to see Jaycos which I knew they had and she ended up showing me a brand I have never heard of, walking right past the jaycos even after I told her I didn?t like the layouts of the certain brand. She rushed me through each unit and wasn?t pointing out how I could entertain in the unit even though I said it was just for work. She kept showing me really random things about the units like the tank valves and explaining what they were for. I finally was able to say I had to go and she drove me back to the parking lot (we took a golf cart to the main lot) when she finally asks me what I plan to tow with. I told her the model truck I had and she proudly said ? oh honey you can tow anything here with that beast!?  I took her card didn?t leave my info and left.

I really just had to share that with people who would understand but I was so astonished that I had those two experiences less than a week apart. Had I been a first time buyer I would have run screaming from the entire thing if I had gone to the lot in Texas only.

The one thing that will make someone lose my business no matter how much I want what they are selling is not listening to me. I will go out of my way to come back and make a deal if I feel the sales people are trying to listen. My thought as I read about the woman was that the things she was pointing out to you were maybe the only things she knew anything about.  Im pretty sure I know which lot you will be going back to. ;)

I'm pretty sure if you went to 10 lots they would all be different experiences.

Some people think salesmen or saleswomen actually know everything about what they are selling.
But often the buyer knows more then they do, especially the one's that do their homework.
I'll bet the buyers that don't/won't do homework are the ones that the TX lot sells to more often then not.

Good luck on upgrading - I think your a smart woman and won't get burned like many people do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom