Looking for RV park with rental sailboats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoddinron

Hi everyone,
  We're doing a 2 week trip on the Erie Canal in July, but then afterwards I'd like to take our RV to a Lake or Bay where I could stay for a few weeks or a month.  Ideally this RV park would offer rentals of small sailboats.  Even a SunFish would qualify.  There are plenty of canoes, kayaks, row boats and pontoon boats, but I really love sailing.

Anywhere between Wisconsin and Maine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron and Joyce

So, this may or not be helpful, but here's a few spots I've been where there must be sailboats to rent. Nice places as well.

Thousand Islands region of NY, including those towns along the east side of Lake Ontario (Sacketts Harbor). Lots of camping available and its all about boats and history.

Some of the larger NY Lakes (I'm thinking Cranberry Lake and the Tupper/Saranac Lake region) in  the Adirondacks are also boat centered, must be some rentals there.

Lake Champlain , especially in the North is a big boating community.  Burlington VT rents at its Boathouse, Plattsburgh NY has lots of marinas. Go north from there either side of the lake and you'll find lots of sailing facilities. Must be rentals available.

Heading east, lots of the larger lakes in VT and NH are full of sailboats and once you get to Maine its heaven. 

I sail on Lake Champlain and kayak elsewhere and really haven't rented sailboats while on the road, so I can't give specific places to rent but would be surprised if you could not find both camping and sailing in places I've mentioned.

Do a little searching and I'm sure you'll find something.  Good luck

We had two couples who went to Conch Key in the lower Keys in Florida and rented a two bedroom condo on Conch Key,  it included a 23' Compac.  My friend was a very experienced Charter Sailboat user and I had recently gotten a 28' American Mariner and had a couple years experience on Lake Peppin Wisc.

We had  a great time.

Those are areas that we're interested in, so I'll keep looking around the 1000 Islands, and Lake Champlain, and the other lakes that you suggested.

Thanks guys.

Ron

I found a Community Sailing Center that rents sailboats in Burlington Vermont, on Lake Champlain, a Boat House on Blue Mtn. Lake in NY that rents sunfish, and a marina in Western Michigan that also rents sailboats.

There are nice cruiser sailboats avail. at Bayfield Wisconsin or Red Cliff, I don't remember which right off shore is the Apostle Islands National Lake Shore,  many many islands to explore.  RV Parks at one or the other city.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Red+Cliff,+WI+54814/@46.8580205,-90.8322484,11z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x52ae527e782e37ff:0x90fdbf76eb580c72!2sDuluth,+MN!3b1!8m2!3d46.7866719!4d-92.1004852!3m4!1s0x52a8fd23ec2da735:0x97e96871792a7fa3!8m2!3d46.8554957!4d-90.788269

Back
Top Bottom