Suggestions on casters for the tail end of my grey wolf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swamper1022

Any suggestions on puting casters on the tail end of the frame to keep it from dragging going into or coming out of those really awsome sloped driveways. Its either gonna be casters or I will build my own skids to weld under it.

Does it have any skids now? My 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness had a V-shaped skid on each frame rail and I bought some bolt-on skid wheels for each one that worked pretty well. If it does not currently have those V-shaped skids, I just Googled RV Skid Wheels and found a number of bolt-on and weld-on options.

Before you go with casters....consider a roller. It goes completely across...frame to frame!  Far superior to casters. If your on an irregular slope....it doesn?t miss the high spots!  We?ve had the roller system since around ?93, have only made contact a few times....but it?s comforting knowing it?s there.

I know one thing, when those V skids ground out, it scares the living daylights out of me. Did it twice at a gas station in SC. It makes me wonder what, if any, damage is occurring structurally.

We use to fab rollers on our dovetail trailers. Very simple. Pipe inside of pipe. Few hole drilled in inside pipe and grease zeros on ends for lube. Spreads out load and non destructive when turning under load.

There used to be v shaped skids under it. Rubbed them twice and that was the end of that. The only damage I have found so far was a pvc valve broken off for the drain on the water holding tank. I put a cap on it in Pigeon Forge and broke that off by the time I got it back home. I will definately look into the roller. I sure thank all of yall for the tips. The next camper we get will be alot higher off the ground than this one.

Back
Top Bottom