Parts Source Needed (suburban furnace)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

The unit has a Suburban Furnace, labled as a  SF 42 Q. 

It appears that it needs a new controller board.

Where is a good source of parts such as this?  It should be a simple swap of boards, but I need a source for parts with quick delivery.

Wasoki said:
The unit has a Suburban Furnace, labled as a  SF 42 Q. 

It appears that it needs a new controller board.

Where is a good source of parts such as this?  It should be a simple swap of boards, but I need a source for parts with quick delivery.

Why do you say it needs a control board?
What are the symptoms?

It may be something much simpler and cheaper to fix.

Look in the library above. There's a great furnace troubleshooting guide there. If it turns out you do need a board, check out Dinosaur boards. I have one, and it works great. It's a general consensus that they are a lot better than factory boards. Good troubleshooting will avoid throwing money and unneeded parts at your equipment.

The symptoms are...
There is gas in the tank (burners on stove work, water heater works, and gauges say half full.

Thermostat works, calls for heat, blower comes on, but fails to ignite, then shuts down.
Prior to this one would hear the igniter clicking.  Nothing now.
There is power to the unit and the fuses are both intact and have been replaced (just to be sure)
the board is one with the blower function integrated into it.  I am assuming board component failure, not the entire board.

We had a power outage due to he heavy snow in Alabama, lots of on / off power.  I am betting on a powers surge damaging the board component..

The neighbor at the adjacent site claims to be a retired HVAC tech.

Local technician diagnosed the same thing, but doesn't have the part or time now.

I will check out the other suggestions. 

My concern now is ordering the part and having it get lost in the Christmas rush.  We are also scheduled to change campsites on Friday.

A new board is in place, the furnace works like new!

That just means that it will now get warmer...
Thanks for the input.

Wasoki said:
A new board is in place, the furnace works like new!

That just means that it will now get warmer...
Thanks for the input.

How did you get it so fast. Locally???

found a supplier in the neighboring town who was willing to review his inventory, then called a distributor two towns away.  A 50 mile trip each way was a small price to pay for heat.  Glad we found cooperative people willing to share.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom