Do you use curtain rod screws in your walls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyRN

I removed all the hideous valances, painted the darker portions in our living area, put the blinds back up and now I'm ready to hang curtain rods.  I thought about using command hooks spray painted the color of my rods but my big window is so high up that the top of the curtain rod would be below the top of the blind.  The only other option is to use the small screws that came with the rods.  Has anyone tried this successfully?  I have a 2015 Montana Mountaineer.

You will have to judge based on the wall material. Typically it is very thin panels, so screws don't hold well without using some type of hollow wall anchors. There are types made for 1/8"-3/16" inch paneling, but perhaps the simple plastic wall anchors might be ok for yours. I've also had success with the screw-in type anchors used with drywall.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWLVCS1/
https://www.dnghardwarestore.com/CRL-Toggler-Hollow-Wall-Anchors-for-1-8-to-1-4-p/T11009.htm

My RV came with 2 curtain rods in the bedroom,  the larger one the screws have pulled loose and I have had to reattach.  Not trying to influence you one way or the other just relaying to you my experience.

Have you considered a quality double sided tape?

I don't know the weight of your rod and curtains but if it doesn't work, you are only out a few dollars and probably no visible damage to the wall (trim the tape to fit under the hanger).

Free advice worth exactly what you paid me for it :)

I have had good luck using the "command" brand 3-M tape for this type of thing.  Be sure to get the size that will cover all of the curtain rod fixture back to get the highest weight rating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom