Ho ho ho ukulele

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Today 35 Delta Strummers entertained a local elementary (K-5) school playing and singing holiday songs. Several hundred kids in two assemblies. They made a lot of noise singing along! We even brought our own snowman for you-know-what song, wore 'farm animal hats' for our arrangement of Old Macdonald, and wore festive hats for the remainder. What a blast.

Attachments

• Frosty-sm.jpg
    Frosty-sm.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 17
  • OldMacdonald_sm.jpg
    OldMacdonald_sm.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 20
Aye Jackie, the kids & their teachers seemed to enjoy it, and the Band had a blast. When I left home at 7:30am with ice on the car, Chris said "reminds me of getting up to go to school"  ;D

Things got really loud when our Music Director stopped us in the middle of a song and announced that one half of the room was singing better than the other half. A competition ensued, and we declared a tie. Something we do at all our school performances, and the competition gets intense, with the kids singing their hearts out  ;D

That?s pretty cool and looks like great fun for all.

I play in a 13 pc Glenn Miller style Big Band. Though we play dances, anniversaries and receptions the most rewarding are nursing home gigs. You only have to get 1 bar in for faces to light up. These folks know words to tunes that I didn?t know had any. Our next one is New Year?s Eve (but on the 28th).

Our music wouldn?t go over that well at a grade school  :D

Tom

I play in a 13 pc Glenn Miller style Big Band.

That's neat! Coincidentally, the Director of a local Glenn Miller style Band (who normally plays trombone in his band) occasionally plays bass for us.

[quote author=Heli_av8tor]...the most rewarding are nursing home gigs. You only have to get 1 bar in for faces to light up.[/quote]

Aye, we play at several assisted-living facilities during the year, so we see similar audience reaction.

Our music wouldn?t go over that well at a grade school

;D

In addition to a couple of schools and assisted-living gigs, we also have 1 or 2 major concerts a year. The playlists (and genres) change for each  ;)

Actually, we play for the assisted living section of the nursing homes. Some of the independent residents join in as well.

We do a few concert venues to. We played several years at the Illinois State Fair and also the Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Fest in Davenport, Iowa.

I play reeds, predominantly lead tenor sax. Lots of fun.

Tom 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom