Right for Us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teddycp

We have been looking at a really nice, low mileage 2002 BT Cruiser, 24" with slide. We think that this may be just the right unit for us, as we are more into travel than just camping. What the biggest question is, is what kind of mileage does a unit like this get. It has the Ford V10 engine with 16000 miles. I posted here as I think this is a B+. If incorrect, please direct me to the right forum.
Teddycp

I'm not familiar with the unit but perhaps others are, but it's hard to give an evaluation when the info is incomplete. I hardly think a B would have a V 10 but not being familiar it';s possible.

If your not familiar with the unit, then why post? Besides, I indicated that it is a B+!

Thats like saying I have a Pace Arrow  It's incomplete.  Lots of differences

A BT Cruiser is a nice and very popular rig. One of Gulfstream's better products, I think.  You will hear mixed reviews on Gulfstream as a manufacturer - some people have had lots of quality problems and poor support from Gulfstream, but there are others who are perfectly happy. In general, I think the Class B buyers are happy, though.

The Ford V10 is the standard gas engine in full size pick-ups and vans and so is the base engine for the Ford chassis under the BT Cruiser. I would guess you would see at least 8 mpg in that size/weight class and more likely 10 or even a little better if you avoid a heavy foot on the pedal and keep highway speeds down. Wind resistance increases with the square of speed, so a few mph extra can really increase engine loads and reduce fuel economy. You don't need to drive around at 45 mph, but you can usually improve economy if you do not try to keep up with the 75 mpg freeway traffic either.

Back
Top Bottom