EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Hot Water Low Point Drain Dripping  (Read 234 times)

rvannie23

• ---
Hot Water Low Point Drain Dripping
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:02:38 PM »
Today I noticed the hot water low point drain on the back of the camper was dripping a good bit. I don't know that I have ever noticed it before because the water falls in the same area where the gutter drips from the AC. I googled around a bit but answers were unclear or contradicting. There are no issues with hot water in the camper, I guess I feel like sometimes I run out faster than normal but that could be my imagination. Anyone have any idea? I should note that both of the drains are not fully closed. I have never messed with them since I got the camper so I believe they came that way. Is something amiss here?
2014 Laredo 274rb TT
2015 Duramax
FL - MS - TX

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is a payday and every payday I have off
Re: Hot Water Low Point Drain Dripping
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:11 PM »
With the water system pressurized, open and close the valves a few times to see if you can flush out anything on the valve seat. If that doesn't work you may have to replace them.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

rvannie23

• ---
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
With the water system pressurized, open and close the valves a few times to see if you can flush out anything on the valve seat. If that doesn't work you may have to replace them.

These are the kind thatís a hose with a plug on the end...should I just screw them completely in and see if it stops?
2014 Laredo 274rb TT
2015 Duramax
FL - MS - TX

JackL

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:47:53 PM »
Yes,they should be screwed in tight, and they shouldn't be leaking.

Jack L

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »
Do they have a plug or a cap? If they have a cap, there's usually a tapered rubber seal to help ensure against leaking. If there is enough hose hanging down, you can cut the hose close to the leaking fitting and replace it with a push on valve. They are sold at Lowe's and Home Depot.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

rvannie23

• ---
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »
Do they have a plug or a cap? If they have a cap, there's usually a tapered rubber seal to help ensure against leaking. If there is enough hose hanging down, you can cut the hose close to the leaking fitting and replace it with a push on valve. They are sold at Lowe's and Home Depot.

It's a plug, I'll screw them in all the way and see what happens. Cutting the hose in the event the fitting is messed up is a good idea though, I will have to remember that.
2014 Laredo 274rb TT
2015 Duramax
FL - MS - TX

Hosted by Over The Network