Hot Water Low Point Drain Dripping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvannie23

Today I noticed the hot water low point drain on the back of the camper was dripping a good bit. I don't know that I have ever noticed it before because the water falls in the same area where the gutter drips from the AC. I googled around a bit but answers were unclear or contradicting. There are no issues with hot water in the camper, I guess I feel like sometimes I run out faster than normal but that could be my imagination. Anyone have any idea? I should note that both of the drains are not fully closed. I have never messed with them since I got the camper so I believe they came that way. Is something amiss here?

With the water system pressurized, open and close the valves a few times to see if you can flush out anything on the valve seat. If that doesn't work you may have to replace them.

Rene T said:
With the water system pressurized, open and close the valves a few times to see if you can flush out anything on the valve seat. If that doesn't work you may have to replace them.

These are the kind that?s a hose with a plug on the end...should I just screw them completely in and see if it stops?

Do they have a plug or a cap? If they have a cap, there's usually a tapered rubber seal to help ensure against leaking. If there is enough hose hanging down, you can cut the hose close to the leaking fitting and replace it with a push on valve. They are sold at Lowe's and Home Depot.

kdbgoat said:
Do they have a plug or a cap? If they have a cap, there's usually a tapered rubber seal to help ensure against leaking. If there is enough hose hanging down, you can cut the hose close to the leaking fitting and replace it with a push on valve. They are sold at Lowe's and Home Depot.

It's a plug, I'll screw them in all the way and see what happens. Cutting the hose in the event the fitting is messed up is a good idea though, I will have to remember that.

Back
Top Bottom