Tv inverter not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brave Willy

2004 Brave the inverter light is on it makes a slight hum but no power to the tv
How do I check it or repair it  It looks like the original inverter

Brave Willy said:
2004 Brave the inverter light is on it makes a slight hum but no power to the tv
How do I check it or repair it  It looks like the original inverter

Unplug the TV and plug in something else just to eliminate a possible problem with the TV. Or check the output with a Volt meter.
Do you have the make and model of the inverter?

If it is the small inverter that powers just the tv and associated entertainment devices, you would just replace it.  These days a 300-500 watt inverter is under $50, possibly as low as $20 if its 200-300 watts (probably plenty for a smaller tv).

Can you identify what brand/model of inverter it is?

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Inverters-Under-500-Watts/s

I'd have to look at your brochure to be sure, but I think the original inverter would have been a Dimensions 300 watt model like I have in my '04 Adventurer.

Nice feature it has is a built in transfer switch, so worth at least checking the fuses, breakers, and connections.

Some info from Winnebago: Dimensions Inverter Service Tips

You can also check for output at the rear TV, or the receptacle in the driver's side front cabinet (for a satellite receiver). Might be easier than reaching behind the inverter up there.

If Brave Willy's rig has an inverter with auto-transfer, it gets more expensive to replace. Few of the readily available small inverters have that feature. However, there are transfer switches that can be added on for about $50-$60.

An RV salvage yard might be a possibility for a replacement unit. The Dimensions WIN 12/300TL was used in quite a few gas chassis coaches.

I happen to be doing this as a project now. I bought a 300w PSW from Lowes of all places for $32. The ATS is a DPDT relay and a few cut up extensions <$10, so it's pretty cheap these days.
I also bought a 12v timer with 16 On/ Off events that will turn on the Sat Rcvr, let it boot, record my program, and shut off, without using the house inverter. $5.00 delivered. Un-necessary I know, but it's a project.. :)

Back
Top Bottom