Replacing Thetford Aqua Magic with Dometic - but which one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graycat

We've caught the Thetford several times right before it overflowed because the lever doesn't come back into place completely.  I've read of numerous problems, even after replacing the spring and lever, so we're just going to replace the toilet.  Camping World currently has a Dometic high profile 320 series gravity discharge toilet for $216.79.  Does anyone have that toilet?

Any problems changing from a Thetford to a Dometic?

It should just bolt in, as both toilets use the same floor flange as a home toilet.  Make sure you have enough physical clearance around the flange for the new toilet's dimensions and compare the location of the water inlet - you may have to modify the water line going to the toilet if it won't reach the new toilet's inlet.

It should just bolt in, as both toilets use the same floor flange as a home toilet.

Hmmmm. That might depend on the manner the floor flange is held in place. Mine was part and parcel  of the uppermost 3" pipe fed from the toilet drain pipe. When I changed my Thetford for a Dometic 310 the bolt pattern went from 2 bolts at roughly 5 o'clock and 9 o'clock required for the old Thetford to 2 bolts at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. As a result, I had to 'modify' the plastic flange to accommodate the new toilet bolts as it was glued into place and could not be re-oriented.

We ran over to Camping World and got one.  I don't have the number here with me, but it wasn't any problem to install.  Hubs had it done in less than 30 minutes.

Great to hear!  Let us know how you like it as I am very interested in a similar change.  My current toilet is short with oval seat.  I want tall, elongated!

grashley said:
Great to hear!  Let us know how you like it as I am very interested in a similar change.  My current toilet is short with oval seat.  I want tall, elongated!
Sorry so long to answer.  I just discovered the link at the top that says "Show new replies to your posts"

Yes, we love this toilet.  Love the height, love the soft close lid, and love that it adds just a little water to the bowl after flushing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom