Unique Restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roy M

Yesterday a friend and I met for lunch at a Japanese buffet which was quite different. There was no food out drying out under heat lamps, the server gave us an i-pad. We picked what we wanted when we wanted it and texted the order to the kitchen. The food was very good, fresh, hot, and there was no waste. Service was also good, the server was quick and efficient. A little too much wasabi on a bite of roll brought tears to my eyes though ;D

That would be a heck of a day trip from southeast Texas, for sure.  It sounds very cool though.  We have a couple of pretty good buffets here, but yeah, the food does tend to get a bit "ripe" under the lamps.

This does remind me of a unique restaurant we have here...well, fairly close to here.  It would be a day trip for us.  This place only serves lunch.  And only chicken.  Either fried or dumplings.  And it is soo good.  Grandma's comfort food without a doubt.  It is called Pickett House, and it's in Woodville, TX.  If you're ever in the area, by all means check it out.  Here is the sign before entering, and a picture of the restaurant:

Attachments

• DSC_1070 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1070 (Small).JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1069 (Small).JPG
    DSC_1069 (Small).JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 28
I travel a lot by airline (unfortunately) and I've been seeing that method of ordering food at airport restaurants more and more often.

Kev

I was stuck in traffic the other day outside a Chick-fil-e.  They had 2 guys(one to each side of the car) working the drive thru line, each with an I-pad.  Apparently they use this instead of the normal menu board during high traffic periods.

You brought back some old memories, ED.  We lived in Jasper, TX when our daughter was born in 1978.  My Parents came down from Kansas to help for a week or so after we got Jami Home.  The Picket House in Woodville was the first Restaurant we took Jami.  She was about a week old.  Great Food!  Great memories!  I know its still there, but haven't eaten there since we move to Bryan 17 years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom